PDA

View Full Version : Tailoring help

kash
09-13-09, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Marines,

I just recently graduated Friday and I need to get some work done to my Alpha Blouse and Dress Blue Blouse. The Alpha blouse sleeves need to be let out some and I need to get PFC chevron put on my Dress Blue blouse. Do you think a local tailor could do it if I tell them how or should I just drive to Jacksonville and find one right off base to do it for me. I live in Wilmington.

Supersquishy
09-13-09, 10:41 AM
Yea, if you can try to do it at a tailor familiar with Marine uniforms, if not possible then make sure you give them the correct measurments. I would include the regulations so they know how and where to measure from.

Ohh and CONGRATS Marine!!!!!!!

SGT7477
09-13-09, 11:17 AM
Congrats Marine do as the Cpl said, Semper FI.

Petz
09-13-09, 12:39 PM
goto lejuene and head down the main drag to the clothing store, it's just before the traffic circle, it's the same building as the 7 day store. You can't miss it really. They will do it right there, very good work.

and it's cheaper than out in town.

kash
09-13-09, 03:01 PM
goto lejuene and head down the main drag to the clothing store, it's just before the traffic circle, it's the same building as the 7 day store. You can't miss it really. They will do it right there, very good work.

and it's cheaper than out in town.
Thank You Staff Sergeant! I will stop by there tomorrow morning.

Lisa 23
09-13-09, 03:10 PM
Kash, CONGRATS on EARNING the title United States Marine! :usmc:

Semper Fi! :flag:

itzs4m
10-06-09, 11:21 PM
welcome to the brotherhood kash... any professional tailor should be able to adjust your uniform, I had my service alphas tailored at a professional tailor. It was flawless. now about the chevron placement you might have to explain to them that it's 4" down from the shoulder seem centered.

Petz
10-07-09, 11:22 AM
yeah, look at the dates. He's gone and done it at Base already.

I had a professional do my Alphas and they cut out material 'cause they suck and then when I went to have it let out, guess what! sorry, I can't do that. You need to spend a hundred bucks to buy a new jacket.

just to let it out a little from hitting the gym.

itzs4m
10-07-09, 08:20 PM
it was bold on the forums ssgt. well its there for future reference. I went to a guy that actually makes custom suits. oh well, just a little motivated ooh-rah!