PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

rodriguez35
09-13-09, 09:08 AM
whats the chances of me switchin my mos since the new fiscal year starts on october 1st. i currently have UH as my mos. i want to make it UT whats the chances of it happening?

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 09:18 AM
If you're still in DEP just ask your recruiter he is going to have the most up to date knowledge.

rodriguez35
09-13-09, 09:22 AM
im still in DEP. i asked him yesterday after my ist. he told me it could be a chance i can change it but it can go either way since my ship date is oct 19th

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 09:23 AM
Then theres your answer. Not like one of us can give you a magical answer that you'll like more

rodriguez35
09-13-09, 09:25 AM
im not expecting an answr i like i wanted an answer if any one has tried it.

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 09:27 AM
Spelling.

Get it!

rodriguez35
09-13-09, 09:44 AM
lol

Lisa 23
09-13-09, 11:08 AM
Personally, this is a question that you should be asking your Recruiter. There's only a few Recruiters on board here, and most of us can't give you the answer that you want.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-13-09, 12:18 PM
You have two rights while in the DEP, 1) to exit it without penalty, 2) to re-negotiate your contract at any time until you ship out. <br />
<br />
The problem is that you guys are under pressure to leave with...

Petz
09-13-09, 12:23 PM
jobs are scarce, so I'd say it's probably not going to happen.

If you do then you'll probably have your ship date taken from you.

bed space at PI is limited for fy 2010 so they have your MOS tied to your ship date to boot camp.

there are Marines going in open contract and getting their job assigned to them so I doubt you'll get something you want anyways.

good luck.

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 03:33 PM
When did it get to be like this. It wasn't like this back in 03. They would do anything to get people to stay in DEP. I know they raised our limit a few years back and again I thought but how is it that now we're almost trying to push people away?

Petz
09-13-09, 05:48 PM
'cause we don't have money to pay more than 202k....

so they stop recruiting because the re-up rate was higher than all other previous years.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-13-09, 06:08 PM
When did it get to be like this. It wasn't like this back in 03. They would do anything to get people to stay in DEP. I know they raised our limit a few years back and again I thought but how is it that now we're almost trying to push people away?

Early this summer the USMC reached its new mark of 202K. Now that this has happened they are going back to how it was before this increase began.

So basically the screws of enlistment were tightened. When the USMC needed more bodies, the rules were more relaxed and now that they don't need "extra" bodies, they can carefully pick and choose who they want.

This is why there is such a long waiting time to ship out. You can only send out so many new bodies each month.

sparkie
09-13-09, 07:42 PM
Yep,,,,, Long ago there were a lot of openings, and a lot of promotion,,,,,,, Viet Nam. Now a days,,,,, You beg for your supper,,,,,,,,,,I made Sgt. in 3 1/2 because of the lost. My Brothers,,,,,,,,,,,,

slimmy07
09-14-09, 01:59 AM
Yes, you can switch your MOS while in the DEP. The best way to do this is talk to the station NCOIC.

Petz
09-14-09, 06:41 AM
07, I don't believe I expressed myself initially as absolute, however, His ship date will more than likely be tied to his MOS that he chose. A poolee at our RSS has accepted a move from sometime next year to november but he surrendered his job and will get assigned one in boot camp (open contract).

@usc, The Corps didnt do things like this before the increase because retention was really bad, they projected a higher need for boots, now since they are meeting their retention goals they can reduce the number of boots needing to enlist.

I think the last time the Corps was like this was when the reduced it's size in the clinton era.

slimmy07
09-15-09, 12:02 PM
07, I don't believe I expressed myself initially as absolute, however, His ship date will more than likely be tied to his MOS that he chose. A poolee at our RSS has accepted a move from sometime next year to november but he surrendered his job and will get assigned one in boot camp (open contract).

@usc, The Corps didnt do things like this before the increase because retention was really bad, they projected a higher need for boots, now since they are meeting their retention goals they can reduce the number of boots needing to enlist.

I think the last time the Corps was like this was when the reduced it's size in the clinton era.

True, the Poolee will lose his MOS, but he wants UT now and not UH. The good thing is if you want to switch your MOS the RSS will easily fill your slot because applicants want UH. I would just talk to the station NCOIC. Let him know that you really want UT and not UH, but keep in mind your date might be pushed up or pushed back.

rodriguez35
09-15-09, 01:52 PM
True, the Poolee will lose his MOS, but he wants UT now and not UH. The good thing is if you want to switch your MOS the RSS will easily fill your slot because applicants want UH. I would just talk to the station NCOIC. Let him know that you really want UT and not UH, but keep in mind your date might be pushed up or pushed back.

i am aware of that now. thank you

Caesar Augustus
09-16-09, 01:02 PM
Yea I knew that right around the end 06 there were rumors of manpower being increased. Just didn't think they'd reach it so quickly.

Guess that sucks for people wanting to join. Then again I guess enlisting a few months after OIF started it wasn't going to be hard to join because they needed as many bodies as possible.