PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Release USMC Movie "Brothers"

jetdawgg
09-12-09, 09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwabsKiaRIE

ecfree
09-12-09, 09:42 PM
It shows the part of life that everybody thinks about,but doesn't want to see or hear about....specialy when it happens to yourself.......

23feb1945
09-12-09, 10:53 PM
Wow. That looks heavy. Thanks for posting that.

DocGreek
09-12-09, 11:07 PM
:evilgrin: OKAY, JET.....you posted that CRAP...what's your opinion of it???
DOES NOT seem like the type of "entertainment" suitable for Combat Vets, or FUTURE Combat Vets!!! Looks like a "souped up" DEAR JOHN letter, made into a crappy exploitation of returning Combat Vets. What do the rest of you numbnuts think??? :evilgrin:

Accord
09-13-09, 12:20 AM
what a bull**** movie.

not seeing that crap.

brian0351
09-13-09, 12:39 AM
Yeah and lets not forget that it paints the returning vet as the bad guy?!

She was happy and had moved on from his "death". Then, how dare that Marine come back and "ruin" the happiness she's found in her life!

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 02:10 AM
wow and civilians wonder why we hate them.

Drafter
09-13-09, 04:05 AM
Damn Hollywood, couldn't even come up with an original story line, had to rip the one off of Pearl Harbor and make it revelvant. I aint seeing it.

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 05:46 AM
Why the **** does Jake Gyenfagotass have to be in every Marine movie. He was in jarhead, now this.

Probly is a fag so he does military movies in hopes to get to see real men

MontezumaCpl
09-13-09, 09:46 PM
Amen, Doc and all. Looks unsat to me.

mcvet57103
09-13-09, 09:56 PM
Just three letters, WTF?

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 09:56 PM
**** anyone who sees this **** and thinks its accurate

8th&I Marine
09-14-09, 04:03 AM
Not gonna wait a Flucking dime on that crap. Semper Fi

Cantrell

CPLSNODGRASS
09-14-09, 06:46 AM
way i see it is i know a guy who was with the legendary "Swof" who wrote Jarhead... and he was a worthless ****bag so whats the difference with this one... you all know that there is an aspect of Corps life that Civilians need not know hear about or see so why do we keep condoning these worthless ass movies that make us look worse... and i swear if that little fag john cena tries another marine movie i am just going to give up all hope for hollywood and stick to red vs. blue and playing video games.

BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE!

JohnEaceHunt
09-14-09, 06:55 AM
I agree with you Doc, and most all others. Its just an exploitation put together video called a movie, to keep as many Future Marines from joining and Fighting for our Country. I call it GARBAGE.!!!!!!!!!

CPLSNODGRASS
09-14-09, 06:57 AM
if you keep giving the video bad reviews then it will get taken down

JohnEaceHunt
09-14-09, 07:32 AM
snodgrass, we susposed to say we like the garbage just to keep it from being taken down? I doubt it. Sounds like you approve of it.

Drafter
09-14-09, 07:52 AM
Hollywood no matter what the movie, always portrays us as being some kind of headcase.

I'm freakin' sick of it. I've been boycotting Marine movies since I saw Full Metal Jacket, which I walked out of when Modine narrated the phrase "The phony tough and the crazy brave."

Heartbreak Ridge, psycho Marine Majors, Comm Officers so geeky it's beyond comedic, the Swede, a recon platoon of cast outs. Gimme a break.

Walked out of Thin Red Line as soon as they had to get inside the Marines head instead of telling a story. They got all side tracked on the issue of the Code Talker being captured that they missed the whole story.

They aint gettin my money for that crap, even if they think it's true to life or relevent. They create drama instead of understanding that the real story is the drama.

But all in all this is a chick flick anyway.

:thumbdown

CPLSNODGRASS
09-14-09, 09:18 AM
snodgrass, we susposed to say we like the garbage just to keep it from being taken down? I doubt it. Sounds like you approve of it.

ok there hunt i said in my first post i didnt approve and i was trying to get everyone to give it bad reviews so it did get taken down thus it sounds more like you should know your facts prior to making any false accusations.

and as for hollywood making us look like **** all the time... some one who loves the Corps needs to write a book and movie trust me... these **** bags that bad mouth the corps because they cant hack need to shut their friggin mouths and get over themselves. i may not always like it but i will always love The Corps.

as for this video:thumbdown:thumbdown

jetdawgg
09-14-09, 10:05 AM
:evilgrin: OKAY, JET.....you posted that CRAP...what's your opinion of it???
DOES NOT seem like the type of "entertainment" suitable for Combat Vets, or FUTURE Combat Vets!!! Looks like a "souped up" DEAR JOHN letter, made into a crappy exploitation of returning Combat Vets. What do the rest of you numbnuts think???

DG, don't kill the messenger. I had nothing to do with this production. As far as my opinion, it is hard to judge a two minute clip. Looks like a dramatized version of a 'DJL'.

IN the 70's and 80's we had quite a few of the 'crazed Marine' movies come out. Some I really enjoyed "Taxi Driver" comes to mind. but there are many others I never saw.

I generally don't let movies decide what I think about something.

I see it as 'Spidey' vs 'BrokeBack' for the "Other Bolyen Girl' :usmc::D

Zebra29er
09-14-09, 10:53 AM
I think that has been played out before ... now where was it at I heard that I was a baby killer again ? :evilgrin: :thumbdown

charm1110
09-14-09, 02:20 PM
I didn't like the trailer so I wont go out of my way to see this movie. I don't like the story line that a brother who out of a sense of duty helps out his brothers wife then falls in love with her.. that's been overplayed and is too predictable. :thumbdown

sparkie
09-14-09, 02:45 PM
If John Wayne ain't in it,, I'm not watchin it.

Alisium
09-14-09, 03:01 PM
So he's a Marine Captain flying a black-hawk? Do we have black-hawks now?

Like I said a while back. The army gets all the good movies. For some reason Hollywood saves all the sh*t scripts for us.

vfm
09-14-09, 03:21 PM
Typical hollywood BS!!!
That's where Tokyo Rose and Hanoi Hanna went to work after their respective war.
SEMPER FI!!!
VFM

NoRemorse
09-14-09, 03:22 PM
If John Wayne ain't in it,, I'm not watchin it.

Don't get anymore clear cut than that.

tangovictor87
09-14-09, 06:58 PM
that trailer is awesome. instead of spending $10 and 2 hours watching that sh!tty flick, i saw it in 2 mins.

Caesar Augustus
09-16-09, 01:14 PM

Like I said a while back. The army gets all the good movies. For some reason Hollywood saves all the sh*t scripts for us.

Around the same time we got bradleys and Army Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still remember watching the rock and thinking "you've got to be ****ting me"

Then that one douche says "come on sarge lets be all we can be":thumbdown

Integrity57
09-16-09, 10:24 PM
If some ****-filled movie scares a kid from joining the kid aint got the nuts it takes anyways so **** 'em. There's more than enough war movies and books out there for kids to learn how ugly war is that have been around longer than just about all the kids who will swear in for the first time in their lives this week and no matter how much we ***** about it Hollywood is still going to crank 'em out on a regular basis especially these days.

semperfiman
09-16-09, 11:53 PM
hell with john wayne he had more uniform time than me and he want even in

Eric Hood
09-18-09, 05:36 PM
I am waiting for the movie that shows the average Marine, who does a good job. He goes to Iraq or Afganistan or both places. He is brave, maybe he is decorated. I am not going to hold my breath, waiting for a positive description of our warriors. Hollywood is run by America haters. They look down their nose at all of us, who have worn the uniform.
Semper Fi,
Eric

mcvet57103
09-18-09, 05:42 PM
I want a Movie similar to "Band Of brothers" that depicts, based on accounts by it's units survivers, a Marine Company's tour either island hopping in WWII, or in Vietnam.

NoRemorse
09-18-09, 05:43 PM
I want a Movie similar to "Band Of brothers" that depicts, based on accounts by it's units survivers, a Marine Company's tour either island hopping in WWII, or in Vietnam.

We're in luck http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

MontezumaCpl
09-18-09, 05:47 PM
Ooh-Rah! Outf**kingstanding! It appears its based on Eugene Sledges book, With the Old Breed, his personal account of his Island Hopping WWII experiences.

Great book, I recommend it to all! Movie should be good.

maverickmarine
09-18-09, 06:25 PM
I can't wait for "The Pacific", to come out. It was supposed to be out late 2009 but has been pushed back to sometime in 2010. If they represent Marines as they did Easy Company with Band Of Brothers it should be good to go!

mcvet57103
09-18-09, 07:35 PM
Ooh-Rah! Outf**kingstanding! It appears its based on Eugene Sledges book, With the Old Breed, his personal account of his Island Hopping WWII experiences.

Great book, I recommend it to all! Movie should be good.That was an awesome book. I had it in paper back once, but misplaced it years ago. If they made a movie from that book, it definately is a must see. SF

Akkadian
09-18-09, 08:22 PM
It's movies like this that make the military so hated in the public eye.

I am not seeing this movie, that's for damn sure. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Eric Hood
09-19-09, 07:39 AM
McVet;
You can get Sledge's book at Borders or at the Marine Museum.
Semper Fi,
Eric

mcvet57103
09-19-09, 09:57 AM
McVet;
You can get Sledge's book at Borders or at the Marine Museum.
Semper Fi,
EricYeah it's at B. Dalton book sellers, and Borders here also. Thing is when I bought it all those years ago it was like $3.99. Now they want, $17.99. For a paperback book!!?? I'm a tight wad when it comes to spending anything over maybe $8.00 for a paperback book. And then it has to be a new read, not a reprint. Cost of printing can't be that much. Not to mention other paperbacks on the same shelf are selling for $7 to $10. It's a good book, but I've read it. I won't spend that kind of money on a paperback I've already read. But for those who haven't read it, it is an excellant book, and opens your eyes to the violence, and horrific conditions Marines faced while island hopping in WWII. The part that still to this day stands out in my mind is when he described the fighting so intense on Okinawa that they couldn't bury the dead from either side, and the flies, maggots, and the stench of rotting corpses in the heat. SF

Big Jim
09-19-09, 10:31 PM
Yeah...this crappy ass plotted movie just doesn't sit well with me....I have either seen it....been a part of it...or helped some young Marine through it....I really don't need to go there again.....

Eric Hood
09-20-09, 10:44 AM
How much do we bet it bombs? No real American patriot will like it.
Eric

jetdawgg
09-21-09, 08:23 AM
I heard it got 5 Stars from Code Pink:D:usmc:

DevildogBK
10-08-09, 10:00 PM

The minute i saw the Blackhawk, i instantly thought "Hollywoods fvcking up...again" and knew before watching it that the movie would make us out to be the bad guy.

Garbage

:thumbdown:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
10-08-09, 10:15 PM
The minute i saw the Blackhawk, i instantly thought "Hollywoods fvcking up...again" and knew before watching it that the movie would make us out to be the bad guy.

Garbage

:thumbdown:evilgrin:
Remember...Black Hawk Down is about the Army, not the Marine Corps, so the Marine Corps isn't the bad guy here.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
10-10-09, 04:57 PM
Well, i haven't seen this movie, but i'm going to go out on a limb and say "Epic Fail"

rheinmark187
10-11-09, 09:44 PM
I don't know....it's not like these incidents aren't happening with vets. What I DON'T like is Hollywood trying to pigeon hole the veteran as this slightly distubed right winger that should be pitied...and closely watched. Why do they do this?

Rooger
10-11-09, 10:02 PM
G.I.G.O. , thats what this movie is! "Upcoming Release USMC Movie "Brothers"is LMAO

DevildogBK
10-11-09, 10:19 PM
Remember...Black Hawk Down is about the Army, not the Marine Corps, so the Marine Corps isn't the bad guy here.

I wasnt talking about Black Hawk Down, the Marine pilot in "Brothers" is flying a Blackhawk.

Lisa 23
10-12-09, 08:22 AM
I wasnt talking about Black Hawk Down, the Marine pilot in "Brothers" is flying a Blackhawk.
My bad then. I thought you were referring to the movie.

Marine1955
10-12-09, 08:36 AM
I guess no one saw the movie called ( The Outsider ) from 1961 staring Tony Curtis can anyone guess what that movie was about? It was about a hero and just about every Marine has seen him at least a hundred times. No FARE GOGGLING IT PLAY FAIR NOW .

mcvet57103
10-12-09, 08:50 AM
I guess no one saw the movie called ( The Outsider ) from 1961 staring Tony Curtis can anyone guess what that movie was about? It was about a hero and just about every Marine has seen him at least a hundred times. No FARE GOGGLING IT PLAY FAIR NOW .Aw Come on Bill. You can't be serious. Tony Curtis as an Indian, let alone a Marine. John Wayne was the last real actor to try to portray Marines in a good light, and that was considered war propoganda. There has yet to be an actual movie about Marines like "Band of Brothers" was for the Army. Marines are usually portrayed as psycho trained killers with no conscience (sp). Although the "Kill em all and let Allah sort em out" mentallity I and a lot of Marines have doesn't help any. But that stems from being a Nam era vet, living through 9/11, seeing the result of car bombs on innocents, and watching them decapitate innocent, and helpless people on world wide news feeds. But it doesn't detract from the sacrifices all Marines have made during war, and continue to make as I type this. This country, and especially our Corps needs a movie that shows how much Marines have sacrificed in a graphic manner like Band of Brothers did. SF

Marine1955
10-12-09, 09:14 AM
Aw Come on Bill. You can't be serious. Tony Curtis as an Indian, let alone a Marine. John Wayne was the last real actor to try to portray Marines in a good light, and that was considered war propoganda. There has yet to be an actual movie about Marines like "Band of Brothers" was for the Army. Marines are usually portrayed as psycho trained killers with no conscience (sp). Although the "Kill em all and let Allah sort em out" mentallity I and a lot of Marines have doesn't help any. But that stems from being a Nam era vet, living through 9/11, seeing the result of car bombs on innocents, and watching them decapitate innocent, and helpless people on world wide news feeds. But it doesn't detract from the sacrifices all Marines have made during war, and continue to make as I type this. This country, and especially our Corps needs a movie that shows how much Marines have sacrificed in a graphic manner like Band of Brothers did. SF

I see your able to remember the movie Ha Ha Ha,, there never going to show us as good men and women out here ...

Trucrimsongold
10-12-09, 09:15 AM
It looks like a heavy movie.

Why can't they just make more movies about combat vets that are more accurate to the real world. We serve. We fight. We come home. We get out. We deal with life and successfully move forward, adjust, overcome and adapt. Sure the first year I got out going from a Marine Corps Infantry Machinegunner who still had sand and petroleum soot in hidden orifices of my body going to a full time college student and workin meaningless jobs was a hard adjustment. But I like a huge number of Vets. Moved on and dealt with it.

I'd like to see a movie made about Marines that didn't end or show a negative outcome. Even if it ended tragic.

mcvet57103
10-12-09, 09:16 AM
You're not the only old fart Jarhead on this site Numbnuts.:D