PDA

View Full Version : Welcome package at MEPS

Endurance89
09-12-09, 03:47 PM
I swore in this past Thursday. I received a blue poolee tshirt and silver tin with the EGA on it. Inside was a pamphlet about rank structure and the General Orders, a workout guide, and two bumper sticker decals.

I asked my recruiter about it, and he said that it was ok to put the on my car.

I don't want to question what he told me, but I was under the impression that this went against the notion of "Not until you have earned it."

Any advice would be appreciated.

Backhaus 1103
09-12-09, 03:50 PM
Go for it...even though you'll probably going to want to take it off in about a year lol.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-12-09, 04:59 PM
If you feel ok with having a Marine sticker on your car, then go ahead.

If you feel you have not earned that right, then don't do it.

Your character/judgement is being tested here.

BR34
09-12-09, 05:26 PM
Bumper stickers are ghey.

Lisa 23
09-12-09, 06:04 PM
By using the search bar, I found that there's a thread on this in the Poolee forum...
Just got my "Welcome Aboard" stuff at MEPS and...
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83244&highlight=MEPS+package&page=2

dizark
09-12-09, 06:08 PM
I had asked the same question here at one point when I had received the same welcome kit. Since it's a Marines.com type bumper sticker, and not a "I'm a Marine" type sticker, I was told it was ok, so I put it on.

slimmy07
09-13-09, 02:02 AM
Its a good way to get some attention. Marine Corps Recruiting Command is the one that authorize those "welcome aboard" packages. As a former recruiter, I would want my poolee to have that sticker on his car. You never know who might approach you at school, church, the gym, etc. etc and ask about it. It could lead to a possible enlistment and get you promoted. Lastly, be PROUD that you enlisted. Yes, you have yet to earn the title, but there are so many people every single day that are not qualified to even enlist in the Marine Corps. You did, BE PROUD, Slap that sticker on!