PDA

View Full Version : Yuma

Marine02231986
09-12-09, 12:26 PM
Im thinking about trying to get stationed in Yuma. If my lat move/renlistment to 02xx Intel goes through. I was only at Yuma twice for training. In 2006 for WTI, I was with 1st Stinger Battery, also later that year for Desert Talon before my first deployment. Is Yuma a good duty station? Is there alot to do out in town and the surrounding areas? Are there any Intel marines that do work with WTI?

Supersquishy
09-12-09, 12:53 PM
I was stationed in Yuma, the barracks are fairly new, but not sure for the intel Marines. Lots of places to go hiking, camping, FISHING!!!, Lake Martinez has Marine Corps. Rec. area. But the Summers are frigging HOT. The base is kinda small but has everything you will need. The Auto Shop is OUTSTANDING. It took a little getting used to. The town blows ass, not too much to do in town. The bars get old fast if your into doing that type of thing. Ohh plenty of places to go shooting in the desert. 2.5 hours from Phoenix or Tempe, college town. or 2 hours from San Diego. Any other questions?

Supersquishy
09-12-09, 03:55 PM
Forgot to add, lots of jet noise at all times of the day, the Harrier is LOUD! You will be with a bunch of Airwingers like me. No grunts except maybe during the airshow to show their **** off. Made a lot of good friendds there so we always had something to do on the weekends, cook-outs, camping, etc. Cant go to Mexico last I heard and don't get caught either even though its only a few minutes away. Chow Hall was pretty decent. Ohh did I mention the town Blows Ass? I don't think the town would exist if it wernt for MCAS being their.