PDA

View Full Version : New Battalion?

JasonJ1234
09-11-09, 06:41 PM
Hey Marines my ship date was recently moved up about 11 months because of the opening of a new battalion. I'm going to boot camp October 18th now i just want to know what you Marines have heard about this new Battallion.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-11-09, 06:50 PM
This doesn't make sense to me. I have not heard of any new battalion being added at either depot.

When your date gets changed all that changes is the company you will be in and possibly the battalion, but this doesn't mean a new battalion was created.

If a new battalion was created then this is a shock to me since the USMC is no longer increasing its total force size.

Alisium
09-11-09, 07:05 PM
Maybe it was a "new to you" battalion?

Or perhaps while recruiting goals have been met three times over, filling TO&E is pretty rough in the fleet and they need to speed things up.

Lisa 23
09-11-09, 07:19 PM
I do know that they are building new 3rd BN barracks. I know this becasue when my nephew graduated on Aug 28th, 3rd BN, he told us about it and we saw some of the construction for it going up already.

JasonJ1234
09-12-09, 02:13 AM
i reallly wish i could give you Marines more information on what i was told but i was literally told i was going to wait a year to go to boot camp and yesterday i just got the bomb dropped on me and they told me word for word "theres a new battalion so i can offer you an october 18th ship date". So i took it, the sooner i can earn the title the better.

commdog7
09-12-09, 02:30 AM
They are not opening a new battalion. If anything, they are re-activating Quebec Company, but they are not opening a 5th BN any time soon.

davblay
09-12-09, 07:28 AM
Quebec Company reopened several months ago at PI.

My suggestion.....ASK THE RECRUITER! :marine:

Dave

Old Marine
09-12-09, 09:48 AM
So, maybe they are going to have a new Battalion. A Battalion is a Battalion and will be the same as the other Battalion's in Recruit Training.

GyC
09-12-09, 07:44 PM
The Marine Corps stood up several new Companies in order to train the influx of Recruits with the push to 202K... Don't know they're status right now though, as the amount of Recruits being shipped to Recruit Training is being cut... S/F

Petz
09-12-09, 08:07 PM
it's possible that the company who was having the barracks rebuilt wasn't planned to have it finished but the stimulus got it done faster!! :D

so that would mean a "new Bn" has opened up. 'cause they might have skiped this Bn for two months or so.

honestly, I'm only guessing. you got good advice earlier to ask your recruiter what the hell he/she is talking about.

Lisa 23
09-12-09, 08:50 PM
it's possible that the company who was having the barracks rebuilt wasn't planned to have it finished but the stimulus got it done faster!! :D

so that would mean a "new Bn" has opened up. 'cause they might have skiped this Bn for two months or so.

honestly, I'm only guessing. you got good advice earlier to ask your recruiter what the hell he/she is talking about.

All I know is that when I was at Parris Island 2 weeks ago to see my nephew graduate from 3rd BN, they were told that 3rd BN is the one getting new barracks. I saw the construction for it going up already. Maybe they are going to open up some new Companys within 3rd BN, I don't know.
According to the graduation dates for 2009, no BN is being skipped for 2 months or so. Quebec Company is the only one that has very limited graduation dates (3) for 2009, and I can't find any graduation dates for 2010.

Petz
09-13-09, 08:56 AM
2010 is gonna have fewer grad dates.

apparently they are deciding on what they will do with their DIs as they have a lot more than they need from the increased demand from the 202k plan.

Supersquishy
09-13-09, 09:00 AM
2010 is gonna have fewer grad dates.

apparently they are deciding on what they will do with their DIs as they have a lot more than they need from the increased demand from the 202k plan.

so the 225 number is bunk rumor?

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-13-09, 12:21 PM
so the 225 number is bunk rumor?

I have not heard the USMC announce they were approved to increase their total force size again.

Petz
09-13-09, 12:24 PM
yeah, it's a bad rumor. nothing is in congress to authorize the increase. we surrendered funds for programs just so the Army can get another 30k temporarily.

the DOD is stretched thin financially.

kash
09-13-09, 03:09 PM
Quebec graduated some last year(My friend) and they picked up again while I was on Grass Week.

The new barracks being built is for 3rd BN. I was told Quebec was going there since they are out at the range all alone.

Petz
09-13-09, 03:27 PM
that makes sense... so they've been at the range this whole time?!