PDA

View Full Version : need advice on a disqualification

Cloakisback
09-11-09, 04:25 AM
ok, here's the scoop, i was being recruited into the marine corps and when we went to the police station to pull my record to made sure i was ok to join, i fouind out that i was disqualified because...

GREY MATTER
09-11-09, 04:40 AM
there is a waiver for almost anything....talk to your recruiter about getting a waiver...he will get you where you need to go

Cloakisback
09-11-09, 04:47 AM
i tried that, but he said they were really really touchy about it because it was considered a narcotic, i tried to get a waiver but he said it was a no go on that unfortunately, but do you know anything about prior service transferral(i think its called)? thank for the advice Marine, i really do appreciate your time

GREY MATTER
09-11-09, 04:50 AM
what was the drug?

Cloakisback
09-11-09, 04:51 AM
it wqas a prescription medication called depakote, its essentially amphetamine, i took it a long time ago for supposed ADHD

GREY MATTER
09-11-09, 04:59 AM
it wqas a prescription medication called depakote, its essentially amphetamine, i took it a long time ago for supposed ADHD

take that info to your recruiter...if that doesnt work try a diffenet recruiter...it truly doesnt sound like it was what he thinks it was...im thinking he was thinking of something along the lines of oxycotin or percocet

print out what it is for him to read and see if that changes his mind

Cloakisback
09-11-09, 05:03 AM
ok will do, thank you for all your help Marine, I appreciate it

Lisa 23
09-11-09, 08:32 AM
Can't help you with your question, but you may want to fill out the rest of your profile as it states in the rules in the Poolee forum so the Marines here who answered your questions so far know who they are talking to, and when saying "Marine Corps", it will be capitaized at all times!

slimmy07
09-11-09, 12:07 PM
It's impossible to put in an applicant with a "distribution" charge. That word alone, would be the reason the CG would not sign that waiver. Talking to a different recruiter would not help either...

slimmy07
09-11-09, 12:11 PM
take that info to your recruiter...if that doesnt work try a diffenet recruiter...it truly doesnt sound like it was what he thinks it was...im thinking he was thinking of something along the lines of oxycotin or percocet

print out what it is for him to read and see if that changes his mind

It does NOT matter what it was, its the fact that the police record states "Distribution". Distribution of ANY narcotic is an automatic disqualification for the Marine Corps. Do Not take this advice as you will be wasting the recruiters time.

GSEMarine94
09-11-09, 01:25 PM
Question for you, being that he was 14 or 15 when he commited the crime, couldn't he have his file closed or locked so that noone would see it and then get in? Just curious.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-11-09, 01:34 PM

Not only do you have the criminal issues, but you also have a mental illness history which required medication.

slimmy07
09-11-09, 01:56 PM
Question for you, being that he was 14 or 15 when he commited the crime, couldn't he have his file closed or locked so that noone would see it and then get in? Just curious.

Yes and No sir. The question will still be, have you ever distributed narcotics?

GSEMarine94
09-11-09, 02:47 PM
Yes and No sir. The question will still be, have you ever distributed narcotics?

I see your point, thanks for the info Sgt

linda1945
09-11-09, 06:35 PM
Depakote is also taken for seizures. I know because i used to take it for about 10 yr.