PDA

View Full Version : Poolie function (Surprise guest)

Osotogary
09-10-09, 08:28 PM
Here are some pictures from today's Poolie Function starting at 1640. Today's special guest was a Drill Instructor from Parris Island. You might say that he gave the poolies a wee bit of what might be awaiting them. I know that the poolies went home tired from both the PFT and the Drill Instructor.
Enjoy the photos. Adios, for now.

Osotogary
09-10-09, 08:31 PM
Here are some more photos.

Lisa 23
09-10-09, 08:34 PM
Nice pics, but I think this topic belongs in a different forum, not in Open Squad Bay since Poolees and Wannabes aren't allowed to post here, and I'm sure they are going to want to respond to this topic.
This is a section for Marine Veterans.

Osotogary
09-10-09, 08:51 PM
LASWMarine-
I hear what you are saying. These photos weren't meant for Poolies or Wannabees to respond to. The pictures that I post on this forum generally show what's going on with the Marines at the Hollywood Sub Station, Recruiting Region 6, here in South Florida. I'm glad that you enjoyed the pictures.
Gary

sdk87to91
09-11-09, 02:01 PM
In northern NM we sure did not get any taste of what was to come. Our recruiter kept us in the dark on purpose I think to retain the shock value of receiving week.
I sure remember thinking that some of my platoon seemed to know what to expect and how to act. They seemed to know the right way to request permission to speak and request permission to make a head call, several of themeven seemd to know some drill and how to do the pt moves . It was all new to me. Thinking back on it I think could be either good or badto prepare recruits a little, in different regards.
We did go running some with our fellow poolees, which only served to encourage me since I was already a runner.

GSEMarine94
09-11-09, 02:28 PM
Alright this one damn near made me jump to attention,
but seriously what's the recruiter doing?

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3653/091009b.jpg

TRosa06
09-11-09, 02:39 PM
I never had any "pre experience" with a Drill Instructor. My first experience was at the airport in Savannah, GA and the whole time I was thinking "WTF did I get myself into..". Best decision I've ever made.

Osotogary
09-11-09, 03:28 PM
Alright this one damn near made me jump to attention,
but seriously what's the recruiter doing?

Probably he was coaxing the response, "Aye, Sir!" or maybe it was something about eyeballing. LOL.

I was close enough to zoom in on the picture with my camera while the Poolies were doing their crunches but I wasn't close enough to hear the Drill Instructor.
Your guess would be as good as mine.

Supersquishy
09-11-09, 03:35 PM
I never had any "pre experience" with a Drill Instructor. My first experience was at the airport in Savannah, GA and the whole time I was thinking "WTF did I get myself into..". Best decision I've ever made.
Same thing here, I had no idea until getting off the bus a MCRDSD, then I was "Ohh fvck me what the hell did I do!"

Marine84
09-11-09, 06:36 PM
You should have to greet a sleeping DI that had to be wakened about 2300 to greet my stragglin' a$$. In a way it was great, she couldn't yell at me cause she would have awakened everybody else, but the tone of her voice let me know she hated me straight out the gate and she was going to make me pay for the next 3 months.