PDA

View Full Version : Marine Combat Fitness Test (CFT)

aceventura2225
09-10-09, 07:28 PM
I was wondering if anybody has done the new Marine Combat Fitness Test. If so, any tips? We are doing it at out Pool function this Saturday. I know exactly what it consists of and the requirements, but I am just looking for tips/tricks and previous experience. Thanks.

BR34
09-10-09, 07:30 PM
Hydrate the night before and morning of. Stretch before and after the run. Bend your knees and use them as leverage when you do the ammo can lift. Don't hit the monitor when you throw the grenade.

MicMarine
09-11-09, 05:52 PM
Hydrate the night before and morning of. Stretch before and after the run. Bend your knees and use them as leverage when you do the ammo can lift. Don't hit the monitor when you throw the grenade.

Great advice, there was a video online of someone...not me, I don't care what anyone says, getting a dummy grenade on the shin. Thanks for the distraction XO.

Push through it only last a few minutes in each event. Just make sure that the carrying handle of the ammo can is AWAY from your face, there is always one, and it can be ugly. Oh and DON'T DROP THE D@MN AMMO CAN TO THE GROUND, it only upsets the S-3.

BR34
09-11-09, 08:54 PM
Wait wait wait...did you throw the grenade, or get hit with it?

Oh, and by "you" I mean "not you".

Backhaus 1103
09-12-09, 03:47 PM
CFT is a brake off....especially on the last part of the movement under fire with the ammo cans, but it will only suck for a little while.
I think I would rather do a CFT than a PFT.

But as far as tips, just hydrate and bust your a**.

Rooger
09-12-09, 04:05 PM
Any 1 remember the MCCRES tests? Those were a *****! Hump 25 miles with full packs then drop and fight (simulated) for 4 freaking hours?

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 09:20 AM
When did they put a CFT into effect? I'm assuming recently???

BR34
09-13-09, 09:48 AM
We started doing it in 2007. They made it an official part of our careers earlier this summer.

Caesar Augustus
09-13-09, 03:31 PM
Damn I'm getting old.......................So is it like the **** we did in boot camp during second phase running with ammo cans and ****? WTF for?