PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late?

mjw2876
09-10-09, 01:38 PM
I was just wondering if it is too late for me to re-enlist with an entry level separation during SOI back in '95, and an RE-3P. I'm 33 now, is an age waiver totally out of the question?

NoRemorse
09-10-09, 01:42 PM
During SOI? That means you're a Marine, not a Marine Friend.

Update your status. Unless you have prior service in another branch that gives you a composite age of under 29 then you're a no-go.

Don't expect an age waiver at this point in the game with recruiting goals being routinely hit.

You can still join the Army but you'd have to go through the process with them to get a reenlistment code waiver.

Supersquishy
09-10-09, 01:44 PM
Could he try the Reserve Route?

NoRemorse
09-10-09, 01:48 PM

Reserve component has the same age limit last I checked. I'm 28 and a few years away from the cap after my composite age... or is it constructed age?

I need to google that term.

Yep; it's constructed age, not composite.

Supersquishy
09-10-09, 01:52 PM
Yea 29 years for the Reserves, but last I heard it was a little easier to get a waiver to go the reserve route since there are units that have open slots. correct me if im wong.
Do you need a waiver for a break in service for you NR?

NoRemorse
09-10-09, 01:57 PM
Yea 29 years for the Reserves, but last I heard it was a little easier to get a waiver to go the reserve route since there are units that have open slots. correct me if im wong.
Do you need a waiver for a break in service for you NR?

Good question, hasn't come up with. Major concern was getting word back from BuMed and then getting the reenlistment waiver.

Still haven't gotten down to the new recruiter's office to check on how many reserve slots are open. Thankfully either reserve unit here is like under an hour away.

mjw2876
09-10-09, 04:14 PM
Never contemplated the Reserves, thanx for bringing that up

mjw2876
09-10-09, 04:18 PM

I never even considered the Reserves, might be worth looking into at this stage.

mjw2876
09-10-09, 04:19 PM
Thanx 4 the imput people!!

Lisa 23
09-10-09, 04:47 PM
Thanx 4 the imput people!!

Yes, this does bother me.
How about saying to the Marines who gave you answers..."Thanks Marines"! Not thanks people.

Rocky C
09-10-09, 04:58 PM
That's 3 in a Row Lisa!!!
I'm still laughing at the First one you called out for answering.
"Thanks Fellas"
Guess he didn't know he was thanking a Marine and a Lady :)
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Lisa 23
09-10-09, 05:13 PM
He has no need to thank me, I didn't give him an answer.
It's a pet peeve of mine that I'm sure bothers others for me correcting wannabes and pooles; but it just bothers me that wannabes and poolees find it sooooooo hard to show RESPECT to the Marines that do give answers, by saying "Thanks Marines".

Rocky C
09-10-09, 05:22 PM
I was talking about the First poolee that said that to you and the reason why you changed your signature line.

Lisa 23
09-10-09, 05:49 PM
I was talking about the First poolee that said that to you and the reason why you changed your signature line.

Yeah, I know, but I just felt the need to vent a little...LOL!

Rocky C
09-10-09, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I know, but I just felt the need to vent a little...LOL!

Thanks, I thought you were p*ssed at me for something so I went to the WM Butt Scratching thread to see if I posted something Bad, NOPE, I was Safe :D.
If had a bad enough Day Already.
Rocky

Lisa 23
09-10-09, 06:37 PM
Don't worry Rocky, I'm not pi$$ed at you or anyone else. All is good!
Here's wishing you a better day tomorrow! :beer:

slimmy07
09-10-09, 09:23 PM
With an RE-3, I would suggest trying the National Guard. The Corps is not having problems enlisting/re-enlisting. I completed recruiting duty in 2007 and we were not taking RE-3's.

mjw2876
09-11-09, 11:06 AM
With an RE-3, I would suggest trying the National Guard. The Corps is not having problems enlisting/re-enlisting. I completed recruiting duty in 2007 and we were not taking RE-3's.

Thanks, besides my RE-3P code requires me to get an COMNAVCRUITCOM WAIVER

temarti
09-11-09, 11:35 AM
Yes, this does bother me.
How about saying to the Marines who gave you answers..."Thanks Marines"! Not thanks people

He is a Marine, that was clarified the second post.

Lisa 23
09-11-09, 11:39 AM
He is a Marine, that was clarified the second post.
You're right, my bad...and I apologize for my post.