PDA

View Full Version : Amphibious mos

ANGER
09-10-09, 01:11 PM
I am real interested in a Amphibious mos but i dont think i wanna be in an AAV... what are my options?

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-10-09, 01:42 PM
You ask an interesting question. I recently read an article from the CMC stating how the USMC had lost its amphibious readiness due to the middle east conflicts. He said less and less time is spent training on water these days.

He also said as Marines leave Iraq for good, this will make rotations alot more predictable with more time off between deployments. This means there would be more time to train and he is bringing back amphibious training, or at least trying to.

Keep in mind it never went away, it just gets shoved aside since we do not really need it now.

Some infantry units spend alot of time doing amphib ops while other infantry units never see a ship. If you join the infantry then you take the chance of what type of unit you end up in. Same with AAV's.

Nothing beats the feeling of being inside one of those AAV's as it is launched from the deck of a ship out at sea.

tangovictor87
09-10-09, 03:13 PM
Nothing beats the feeling of being inside one of those AAV's as it is launched from the deck of a ship out at sea.

its equal to going from the beach through the wake zone, full throttle! :tank:

this is the best question i've seen in awhile. but elaborate on it...

what kind of duties?
skills?
combat?

ANGER
09-10-09, 05:12 PM
combat forsure! i want some kinda foward swimmer or scout swimmer but u have to be on a MEU to do that type of job... idk i want to go infantry but i want 2 go some kinda Amphibious combat

BR34
09-10-09, 07:24 PM
Amphibious combat infantry? We're fighting two wars in the desert!

If we have to do a hostile beach landing, and you're in infantry you'll ride from the ship to shore on an AAV. Otherwise you'll be in the desert, and the only thing wet around you will be sweat and your camel back.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-10-09, 07:37 PM
combat forsure! i want some kinda foward swimmer or scout swimmer but u have to be on a MEU to do that type of job... idk i want to go infantry but i want 2 go some kinda Amphibious combat

I don't know what a scout or forward swimmer is.

And you don't have to be on a MEU to do amphibious ops. Many MEU's today are on land for their deployments.