PDA

View Full Version : NCO Sword Questions

Accord
09-09-09, 11:02 PM
Few questions...

1) How do I know what the proper length is to buy for the NCO Sword in inches?

2) What accessories do I need to attach/holster it on my dress blues belt or whatever?

3) Where can I buy one of the really nice handmade expensive ones? I don't want a cheap crappy one.

Thanks

Wyoming
09-09-09, 11:23 PM
OK John, what's the deal?

You picking up?

If so, it is about ****ing time!

Accord
09-10-09, 12:08 AM
Should be picking up on October 1st.

Wyoming
09-10-09, 12:20 AM
Congrats.

You will make a good one.

Semper Fidelis, My Brother.

(Sorry to hijack your thread.)

Zulu 36
09-10-09, 06:20 AM
Don't they have swords at the PX (or able to order them)? A good one will be in the $300+ range.

BR34
09-10-09, 06:29 AM
Sgt Grit has both the expensive and inexpensive swords.

0331 2 0369
09-10-09, 06:46 AM
Don't they have swords at the PX (or able to order them)? A good one will be in the $300+ range.

Yes the MCX will either have them in stock or can order you one. They are the good ones that will cost you your left nut. As BR34 mentioned, Sgt Grit has them also. But before you order one off line, be sure to go by supply and use the one's they have to find out the proper length you will need. Probably should do that before going to the MCX also. Just in case you have to order one.

SGTMunson
09-10-09, 07:05 AM
Depending on where your at, I suppose some PX's would carry.

There are many places to purchase them online but, you need to be sure they have a Marine Corps Systems Command Certification.

Reference: Marine Corps Technical Manual -- TM10120-15/2.

You can do a search and find many sites online that sell them.

Congratulations and Semper Fi :marine:

GIrene
11-15-09, 12:05 PM
http://www.militarysabers.com/marine-nco-sword-certified.html

My parents are buying me one on account of my promotion to Sergeant and my successful reenlistment. Consider it that "professional gift" that may actually have a use down the road rather than a mantelpiece. (though it does perfectly fine as that too).

Being a history buff I find it totally ironic this particular sword is made by WKC (Weyersberg, Kirschbaum, and Cie) in Solingen, Germany. Solingen has been home to many of Germany's major cutlery manufacturers. Being cutlery manufacturers means that in war periods they also produced bayonets and military knives. WKC and others were major producers of bayonets for the Model 98 Mauser through both world wars. A little bit of irony I guess.

But it is German (which strokes my heritage ego a bit :P ), the bits that can be are hand crafted and its high quality. Now if I actually get a chance to use it for something :D Guess I can volunteer to be on a sword detail for a ball :D