PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Gentlemen

StarshipTrooper
09-09-09, 06:53 PM
Hello Marines. Im just a wannabe who's made the decision to try and become a United States Marine. My first step was joining the military, period. Then when deciding branches, I wont lie, I had originally chosen the Air Force. However, everyday my parents and friends noticed I was only talking about the MARINES. The call of the Marines was in my ear day in and day out.

I talked to a recruiter and am on my way to Meps on the 1st of October. The main problem is not being able to ship out to boot camp until April or May. The upside is that this gives me ample time to get into beast mode and be as prepared as possible for bootcamp.

So there is my introduction. My questions are namely in regards to getting into Aircrew. Originally I planned to go Aerial Gunner in the AF. Ive utilized the search function and could not find an answer to this question and a few others.

Before I go on, I scored an 82 on the asvab.

1. Is there an Aerial Gunner equivalent in the USMC?
2. What Aircrew jobs do you recommend? I want to shoot weapons out of a helicopter.
3. My fitness plan is to run till I collapse, swim till I drown and do lots of high intensity "crossfit" style training, pullups, dips, pushups (bodyweight exercises) as well as work with weights going high volume also focusing on compound type exercises like deadlifts.
4. Not a question just a point, I have months to prepare and I am in pretty good shape already so I feel that physically I will be ready for whatever the DI's throw at me (maybe a little too ignorant and cocky, my apologies). Regardless I want to be as ready as can be.
5. As far as MOS is concerned, Like I said, Aircrew is preferred...
6. I speak fluent German, will this help me in any regard? Can I spy on the Germans for the USMC? Lol. Also I am a child to a foreign but legal alien status Mother. Will this effect clearances or MOS's? If I want to go intel or something? She said she is willing to become a citizen in order to help me.

One last thing, If I cant get an Aircrew job that I am interested in (not looking for maintenence or mechanic) then I will end up in the 03 field.

Thats it for now I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Thankyou.