PDA

View Full Version : Enlistment issue after moving.

usakickass
09-08-09, 04:34 PM
This started in July when I was living with my father in Texas. I walked into the Marine recruiting office, took the ASVAB, then went to MEPS a day later, enlisted, and took the oath. <br />
<br />
After...

BR34
09-08-09, 04:42 PM
I can't offer much help, other than to say that sounds like an awful idea.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-08-09, 05:11 PM
The idea of getting out of the DEP down in Texas and re-enlisting in Washington makes sense to me, if you're positive that you are gonna stay up there. But you need to ask your recruiter in Washington if you will be able to enlist right way.

If he says no, then I would not do it since you are already in the system.

This question must be dealt with by your new recruiter. Take his advice on this one.

marine95
09-09-09, 12:34 AM
The recruiting office in the state of Washington can do a courtesy ship for Texas. I had to do one in New Jersey for a girl who enlisted in California. They just have to communicate with each other. It's not that hard. Just ask him.

If GyC is out there he can clear that up if I'm not correct. GyC is the man....:beer:

slimmy07
09-09-09, 11:44 AM
yes, you can DEP discharge from Texas and then enlist in Washington. Keep in mind that the same MOS might not be there in Washington.

GyC
09-09-09, 07:58 PM
Discharging is bad ju-ju, and it doesn't fix your issue... If you discharge, your records still have to be transferred from MEPS to MEPS in order for you to get back in... Your original Command has...