PDA

View Full Version : McCall looking to honor Vietnam vets

thedrifter
09-08-09, 08:49 AM
McCall looking to honor Vietnam vets
Published: September 8, 2009

HARRISBURG - Just days before the 2009 national observance of Veterans Day, state Rep. Keith McCall will honor Carbon County's Vietnam veterans with a special ceremony on Nov. 7 in Jim Thorpe.

To ensure that as many Vietnam veterans as possible are recognized, he is asking for the district's help in identifying local men and women from all branches of the armed services who served in Vietnam.

"It has been my honor and my privilege to bring the community together to honor veterans from World War II and the Korean War in the past, and this year I want to honor the brave men and women of Carbon County who served in Vietnam," McCall said.

"I want the veterans of Carbon County who fought there to know that we have not forgotten the sacrifices made by our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines, and we appreciate their service.

"We've already received a great response, but I want to make sure not one single Vietnam veteran is overlooked for this event."

Anyone who has a family member who is a Vietnam veteran or knows of a Carbon County Vietnam veteran who should be part of the ceremony should contact Bill Richards in McCall's Lansford office at 645-7585.

Ellie