PDA

View Full Version : I'll do whatever it takes...

disposable665
09-08-09, 03:19 AM
Hello Marines,
I was wondering if there was a surplus of Marines this year or something, because my recruitment process seems to be taking an exceptionally long time compared to some family members experiences. I'm just as qualified as my close friends/family members that are Marines, but I feel like my recruitment is getting stalled for some reason. I've been getting a little frusterated because of all the time and level of dedicaion I've put twords getting physically/mentally prepared. I have easily put more effort twords being a Marine than anything else in my life, and I would hate to be waiting for my trip to MEPS forever(if ever) lol.

I've been aiming at going to boot camp before I turn 20 at the end of November for a very long time(about 2 years). So any advice or anything would be very much appreciated at how I can expediate this process to make my "deadline." :cool: Thanks

Alisium
09-08-09, 03:24 AM
The squeaky wheel get's oiled first. Or something like that.

Keep pestering your recruiter. If a slot should open up that bumps your ship date, then hopefully he'll put you in it, if only to get rid of you.

Other than that I'm outta suggestions. I haven't the remotest conception as to why it's so freaking hard to go to recruit training. Different era.

disposable665
09-08-09, 03:26 AM
Btw I have been in contact with my recruiter for a little over 3 months, and I havn't even been to MEPS. About 10 visits, is this usual?

I wont settle for anything other than the Marine Corps...:flag:

disposable665
09-08-09, 03:31 AM
The squeaky wheel get's oiled first. Or something like that.

Keep pestering your recruiter. If a slot should open up that bumps your ship date, then hopefully he'll put you in it, if only to get rid of you.

Other than that I'm outta suggestions. I haven't the remotest conception as to why it's so freaking hard to go to recruit training. Different era.

Haha, will do. I diddn't really want to be disrespectful and annoy him or anything, but I guess I might step up my visits to a multi-weekly basis.

Alisium
09-08-09, 03:42 AM
Haha, will do. I diddn't really want to be disrespectful and annoy him or anything, but I guess I might step up my visits to a multi-weekly basis.

That never hurts. I used to skip one or two classes after lunch (we had an open campus) and go hang out with my recruiter once or twice a week. I think it gives them a warm fuzzy if your not getting in their way.

Have you signed any kind of papers yet?

disposable665
09-08-09, 03:48 AM
That never hurts. I used to skip one or two classes after lunch (we had an open campus) and go hang out with my recruiter once or twice a week. I think it gives them a warm fuzzy if your not getting in their way.

Have you signed any kind of papers yet?

Ya, I probably don't have the best relationship with my recruiter, I mostly have just been telling him I'm in a crappy situation at home and I want to go already. I dont think hes too into sob stories lol.

No, havn't signed any papers yet.

Alisium
09-08-09, 03:55 AM
Ya, I probably don't have the best relationship with my recruiter, I mostly have just been telling him I'm in a crappy situation at home and I want to go already. I dont think hes too into sob stories lol.

No, havn't signed any papers yet.

Well, most Marines don't want to hear sob stories. Unless we can find a way to use it to rip each-other apart, for sport.

There is a pre-enlistment contract you have to sign before going to MEPS. On it you'll pick your MOS field and indicate you're enlisting into the DEP. And a few other things that I cannot remember.

I signed it on my 17th birthday and was at MEPS two days later. At MEPS you'll complete your paper-work for the DEP.

As long as you're of age and don't have any legal issues I don't see why that part hasn't been done yet. It seems to me barring those two issues at least that part would be automatic.

Have you done your IST yet? I think I needed that before I could DEP in too.

If none of that's an issue, there must be a step, either yours or on his part, that's not being taken that I just don't know about. Fortunately, there are recruiters here who can square you away.

disposable665
09-08-09, 04:10 AM
Well, most Marines don't want to hear sob stories. Unless we can find a way to use it to rip each-other apart, for sport.

There is a pre-enlistment contract you have to sign before going to MEPS. On it you'll pick your MOS field and indicate you're enlisting into the DEP. And a few other things that I cannot remember.

I signed it on my 17th birthday and was at MEPS two days later. At MEPS you'll complete your paper-work for the DEP.

As long as you're of age and don't have any legal issues I don't see why that part hasn't been done yet. It seems to me barring those two issues at least that part would be automatic.

Have you done your IST yet? I think I needed that before I could DEP in too.

If none of that's an issue, there must be a step, either yours or on his part, that's not being taken that I just don't know about. Fortunately, there are recruiters here who can square you away.

I've been bringing him various documents about my medical history and things of that nature. Each time I bring him something he says that if I bring him X document we'll talk. I got accused of arson when I was a little younger, but the police admitted they made a mistake, I had no cosequeces, no ticket no judge. Now he wants a court docket to prove it, I don't mind getting it and showing him, but I wish he told me like 2 months ago to get it.

No, no IST.

Lisa 23
09-08-09, 08:02 AM
Have you taken the ASVAB test yet? Are you within your weight limits for your height? Can you pass the IST?
Looks like you have lots to take care of first. You just don't walk in a Recruiters office and say 'hey, I want to join and send me to boot camp now'. There's a process that you have to go thru. Until you get what Alisium had mentioned to you and a few things that I mentioned to you done, it looks like it'll be a bit before you even start your paperwork.

fjmas1976
09-08-09, 08:59 AM
Accused of arson? Were you charged? Did you go to court? Police usually do not admit they "made a mistake" and send you on your way. What is the status of your case. If your recruiter needs this, get...

Zulu 36
09-08-09, 11:42 AM
Well, yes, the police sometimes do make a mistake and unarrest people. Over a ten-year span as a command officer, I've ordered the release of a number of people and I unarrested a few of my own...

fjmas1976
09-08-09, 11:54 AM
Well, yes, the police sometimes do make a mistake and unarrest people. Over a ten-year span as a command officer, I've ordered the release of a number of people and I unarrested a few of my own arrests too.

But lets see what his circumstances are. Maybe the youth officers just talked to him about it. A lot of people think they are being "accused" when a police officer simply talks to them.
He stated he had court paperwork which would suggest a complaint was filed against him and he at least appeared in court. BUT, we won't know until he fills us in on what went down:usmc:
(how many of those "unarrested" people have filed suits against your Dept. for unlawful arrest or violation of 4th Amendment Rights?)

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-08-09, 11:58 AM
First off never assume your process will be like someone elses. They are not you and then is not now.

Yes you have alot of interest in the USMC today. The USMC is overmanned and overbooked. This means the line to get in is a very long one.

Assuming you have no issues here is what may be happening. Your recruiter is just filled up now and is waiting for a new month to get you in.

As an example each area is only allowed to recruit X amount of people. If 1,000 punks showed up to enlist, a recruiter can not enlist them all at once. He would spread them out over a period of time.

You can try another recruiter. You are in Burbank and there are plenty around there. I doubt this will help you, but you can try.

Zulu 36
09-08-09, 12:16 PM
Very few, because the officer generally had probable cause to make the arrest, I just didn't think the evidence supported the arrest charge. Most were released with a citation of some sort for a...