PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Guidlines, Waivers, USMC Questions

Thisisrandy
09-07-09, 07:44 AM
I think this will help answer all questions about getting waivers, am I eligible, what if this, and what if that. Most of you Marines will know what this is. Its called the Marine Corps MPPM. It is a list of "cans" and "cannots" that all recruiters must follow. Keep in mind, now that the Marine Corps has met there quotas for 2009 some of these rules might become a little more strict from region to region.

https://www.marines.usmc.mil/RS/CRC/MPPM.pdf

Keep in mind, this was created Dec. 1997. I know a few things have changed but it gives you all a basic idea.

If you click the link and your browser does not want you to visit, click the "not recommended" go to anyway in the center of the page. The reason that this is not a trusted site is because it is mainly for Intranet use within military personel and most Intranet Database Management Systems have there own security.

I believe that there was a Poolee on here asking about a felony waiver that is needed because when he was 12 he broke into a house. That is on P.203 of 366. Felony waivers. This is just one example of the information that this document holds.

It is very useful and can help answer some of the questions before you go making yourself look like a dumb*ss in front of Marines. I have actually saved this to my desktop and go to it on a weekly basis to answer all of my questions.

sparkie
09-07-09, 07:49 AM
Good post,,,I'm puttin you up for some kinda button, or sumpthin.

Thisisrandy
09-07-09, 08:07 AM
LOL, ThNx~Marine:beer:

slimmy07
09-08-09, 12:23 PM
Waivers have changed so much since 1997. Shoot, they changed so much while I did my 3 years of recruiting duty. I finished recruiting duty in 2007. I wouldnt rely on that too much. The best bet is to go talk to a recruiter and see what his/her boss says. SOmetimes the station NCIOC is the best at knowing if your waiver is worth sending on up. I had 3 NCOIC's in my 3 years and the best one was a MSGT who worked at MEPS prior to coming back as an NCOIC, so he knew the ins and outs. Best bet is to just go talk to a recruiter. I would not even look at something dated 1997 for recruiting purposes. In 1997 it was a whole lot easier to enlist someone, today its tough to get in the Corps. So much has changed.

slimmy07
09-08-09, 12:30 PM
thisisrandy,

You will NEVER look like a dumbass in front of a recruiter asking a question. I would never and the recruiters that I know and have worked with would NEVER make an applicant feel like a dumbass for asking questions. Applicants are not Marines, we know this and recruiters are there to either answer the question or find the answer. I always suggest to just talk to a recruiter. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE THERE.

Thisisrandy
09-08-09, 02:33 PM
Hey, thank you Marine.