PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

sparkie
09-06-09, 09:33 AM
My son-in-law [with Army airborne], never gets a day off? Except his birthday. 7days a week, period. They tryin to proove something?
I can't believe a day or 2 R&R would hurt.

SGT7477
09-06-09, 09:39 AM
Maybe being in the army they need all the training they can get,lol.

sparkie
09-06-09, 09:40 AM
He carries a SAW,,,,believe me, He ain't trainin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Petz
09-06-09, 10:52 AM
that's funny. they're probably trying to figure out how the MC has fewer KIA than them historically.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-07-09, 11:52 AM
My son-in-law [with Army airborne], never gets a day off? Except his birthday. 7days a week, period. They tryin to proove something?
I can't believe a day or 2 R&R would hurt.

Well if he is in combat then he shouldn't get a day off. There are no days off during missions.

If he is on a base then he has days off. If he doesn't then that is on him.

awbrown1462
09-07-09, 11:55 AM
sparkie what unit is your son in law in my stepson is in the 82nd

FistFu68
09-07-09, 12:12 PM
:usmc: The 82nd. Airborne is on a 24 hour Alert status 24/7 unit that started during the Cuban Missle Crisis.Planes on Runway at Bragg are Fueled and Ready too Go also.Mostly C-141 Starlifters.:beer: :iwo:

sparkie
09-07-09, 07:37 PM
sparkie what unit is your son in law in my stepson is in the 82nd
Outta Anchorage, AK,,,,,,,,

sfthog
09-07-09, 08:13 PM
My son is 173rd Airborne at Bamberg Germany. His facebook talks about going out on the town quite often. that will all end shortly however, time to play in the sand.

jstkiknit
09-08-09, 10:30 PM
look i just got back from afghanistan, and as much as i hate to say it... everyone except the super fobbits are goin 24/7 (fobbit: term used for a squishy that doesnt leave the wire) when i was there we were just spread to thin, we had roughly 3 squads for ALL duties at my FOB to include guard duty, COC watch, and yes Patrols, QRF's...etc. sometimes you just gotta suck it up. just keep sending him comfort items and let him know you give a damn and he will be ok.

sparkie
09-09-09, 06:55 AM
look i just got back from afghanistan, and as much as i hate to say it... everyone except the super fobbits are goin 24/7 (fobbit: term used for a squishy that doesnt leave the wire) when i was there we were just spread to thin, we had roughly 3 squads for ALL duties at my FOB to include guard duty, COC watch, and yes Patrols, QRF's...etc. sometimes you just gotta suck it up. just keep sending him comfort items and let him know you give a damn and he will be ok.

It's been too long between care packages. I'll pick up some more single rate boxes at the post office.