PDA

View Full Version : felony waiver

mrfountain
09-04-09, 04:36 PM
When I was 15 (21 now) I broke into a house with a friend, it was considered residential burglary, I got a lawyer and went to court, we went with deferred disposition and the case was dismissed with prejudice.
I went into the recruiters today and when we picked my DCH up it showed my burglary, he told me that that was considered a felony and he said that the marines don't and have never waived felonies and it’s not possible to be waived. Besides some minor traffic tickets I have nothing else on my record.
This really discouraged me because I had my mind set on being a marine. Then a friend told me that it is possible to get felonies waived in the marines, and he said getting something like mine would be pretty easy to get waived.
Is this true?
If so how would I go about getting it waived? What would I tell my recruiter?

Supersquishy
09-04-09, 04:40 PM
Right now the Marines are so full that they are only choosing the best candidates. Good Luck

thewookie
09-04-09, 04:43 PM
When I was 15 (21 now) I broke into a house with a friend, it was considered residential burglary, I got a lawyer and went to court, we went with deferred disposition and the case was dismissed with prejudice.
I went into the recruiters today and when we picked my DCH up it showed my burglary, he told me that that was considered a felony and he said that the marines don't and have never waived felonies and it’s not possible to be waived. Besides some minor traffic tickets I have nothing else on my record.
This really discouraged me because I had my mind set on being a marine. Then a friend told me that it is possible to get felonies waived in the marines, and he said getting something like mine would be pretty easy to get waived.
Is this true?
If so how would I go about getting it waived? What would I tell my recruiter?

"Considered residential burglary" -- what did you consider it, an open house? :)

One of the Recruiter types running around here will give you an 'official' answer, but mine is, NO. :evilgrin:

Good luck, you can always try the Army. :usmc:

commdog7
09-04-09, 05:24 PM
First off, capitalize the title 'Marine'.

Second, I doubt you will be able to get a waiver for it. As Supersquishy put it: the Corps is only accepting the best and brightest now that we have met our 202k goal. You were stupid to break into someone's house- now you have to accept the consequences of your actions. Better luck with the Army, I hear they accept felons.

Petz
09-04-09, 05:34 PM
so this friend of yours, he a Marine Recruiter in your area? if not then how the hell would he know?

I've never heard of felonies being waived, that's the Army.

mjhpgh
09-04-09, 06:42 PM
"Considered residential burglary" -- what did you consider it, an open house?

Thanks I just spit water all over my keyboard .That was f**kin funny!

mrfountain
09-05-09, 01:17 AM
First thing I should address is apologizing for not capitalizing Marines. I am sorry, it will not happen again.
Your all right, it WAS residential burglary. I was stupid and immature, I broke into a house that was not mine, took things that were not mine, and now it’s on my record because I made the choice to do that.
I don’t see myself as a felon though. I do admit to my mistakes but I have been trying to right my wrong since. I have worked my hardest to prove myself to those who have cared. But I see now that there is no chance for me as a Marine.
Thank you for the all of the responses.
Criticism will help me to grow in the long run,
Tom

SSgt Ramsey
09-05-09, 08:05 AM
I could be wrong, but I dont' think it's waiverable...

As a felon, by Federal Law you can't own, use, or possess weapons or ammo....all Marine's are combatant's...so that would exclude you.

You may have a chance with the other branches, I don't know...

I had several Felony Courts Martial's come up as a Career Planner, and not one of them was recommended for reenlistment at the CG level forwarded to MMEA.

Rocky C
09-05-09, 08:44 AM
"Considered residential burglary" -- what did you consider it, an open house? :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That was Great Mike :thumbup:.
Puts a Whole new meaning to the Term " Open House ".
But your Honor, we thought it was an Open House Invitation.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Zulu 36
09-05-09, 11:46 AM

Were you prosecuted as a juvenile or an adult?

Did you plead guilty or no contest (nolo contendere) or make no plea at all?

GyC
09-06-09, 01:09 PM
First off, a waiver is just that, a waiver, and it waives your disqualifications. Any moral involvement requires a waiver, even a parking ticket, just a different level of waiver. Felony waivers have...