PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little More Help Here

Kmwhite08
09-03-09, 11:52 PM
Hello Marines, just a wannabe looking for some more advice.

My last post was about my recruiter telling me he doesn't let his recruits go infantry. But frankly I dont care what HE wants its MY life. So I will enlist with an 03XX, hopefully 0311 stay my four years then try to LatMove and ReEnlist as a 02XX, hopefully an analyst (Looing out for my future careers).

OR go infantry and go out for some sore of Spec Ops, Recon ect. If I don't make it (not doubting myself though) Then I can still take the LatMove route.

My question to you Marines is What do you feel my odds of 1. Making it into Spec Ops/Recon
and 2. Geting a LatMove to Intel

Thanks for the advice Marines!!

scifguard
09-04-09, 03:14 AM
I say start in the 26XX field and go Radio Recon.

dizark
09-04-09, 08:01 AM
If I were you, I'd personally go 02xx from the get go, rather than wasting 4 years in infantry, but that's just my honest opinion. I have seen on this site, complaints from people who went infantry who didn't like it and wish they would have chosen another MOS, and there's some who love the field.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Petz
09-04-09, 08:07 AM
Infantry isn't the baddest MOS out there. If you want to go 02XX eventually then you should go now. you can go recon from AOG (anything other-than Grunt) MOS. They'd send you through ITB to pick up the 0311 MOS before the recon indoc.

junior grunts hate life.

TheCrazySwede
09-04-09, 10:46 PM
just go 02XX now, why go Infantry if that's not even what you want to do?
MOS is your JOB, pick the one YOU want, we can't pick it for you, because in the end, you will be the one doing it, not us.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-06-09, 05:37 PM
Hello Marines, just a wannabe looking for some more advice.

My last post was about my recruiter telling me he doesn't let his recruits go infantry. But frankly I dont care what HE wants its MY life. So I will enlist with an 03XX, hopefully 0311 stay my four years then try to LatMove and ReEnlist as a 02XX, hopefully an analyst (Looing out for my future careers).

OR go infantry and go out for some sore of Spec Ops, Recon ect. If I don't make it (not doubting myself though) Then I can still take the LatMove route.

My question to you Marines is What do you feel my odds of 1. Making it into Spec Ops/Recon
and 2. Geting a LatMove to Intel

Thanks for the advice Marines!!

Only you can answer the first question. We can't say what you are capable of. If you are of average skills, then you decrease your chances of making any elite unit.

And until you are near the end of your contract no one can say if you will be allowed to lat move or not. You may be denied re-enlistment, no one here knows.