PDA

View Full Version : Utilities sizes at MCRD

Endurance89
09-03-09, 05:28 PM
Good afternoon, Marines.

It's been a while since I have posted, and I have taken many great strides in the right direction. In fact, I was *this* close to being sworn in to the DEP, but some issues with numbers came up. I am set to be sworn in on Oct 1st. Very much looking forward to that.

I understand that I am a good deal away from Boot Camp, and that much further for not actually being in the DEP yet, but I have a question regarding Utilities issue at Boot.

I am a big guy. I am 6 foot 6 and weigh in at 205. That size is definitely proportionate, though; I am hard and muscular.

My question is, will there be a pair big enough for me?

Many thanks in advance.

samthomas
09-03-09, 05:37 PM
I have a question regarding Utilities issue at Boot.

I am a big guy. I am 6 foot 6 and weigh in at 205. That size is definitely proportionate, though; I am hard and muscular.

My question is, will there be a pair big enough for me?

No, you are scewed. You are going to have to wear PT gear the whole time...I am sure that the Marine Corps will be able to find a uniform for you.

ecfree
09-03-09, 06:05 PM
The Marine Corps has uniforms of all sizes to fit all shapes,even yours...

TheCrazySwede
09-03-09, 06:26 PM
They will most likely find a uniform for you. You go through fitting during receiving and if you don't find your size, it will be issued to you at a later date.
Just out of curiosity, how much do you weight?

tangovictor87
09-03-09, 07:10 PM
find a thread titled "hats" lol

i've met Marines bigger than horses, just worry about fitting in your rack at night (you'll get the top bunk) and the poor little recruit that's gonna have to fireman carry you.

Endurance89
09-03-09, 08:47 PM
find a thread titled "hats" lol

i've met Marines bigger than horses, just worry about fitting in your rack at night (you'll get the top bunk) and the poor little recruit that's gonna have to fireman carry you.

Heheh. I have been attending Poole functions for a while now, and we did the combat fitness course (not the test) last week. The guy who had to fireman carry me was little. To his credit, though, I did...pass gas...near his head while he was puffing along. Not my fault, you see, the jostling and shoulder in the gut didn't help.

But, I am glad to see that I have nothing to worry about size wise. And to answer the Marine above you, I am 205, but that's proportionate to my height, I am hard and muscular.

BR34
09-03-09, 08:55 PM
Ha...he said "hard and muscular"...TWICE!!!

TheCrazySwede
09-03-09, 08:58 PM
The max weight for people 16-20 who are 6.6" is 196 pounds. Now, you are not too much over the line, but make sure to ask for a waiver. If you pass the IST, then you don't need a waiver.

NoRemorse
09-03-09, 08:58 PM
205 at 6'6"? You must be a freakin' bean pole.

Large-Long. If you'd like you can volunteer for a Medium-Short; that way you'll have a short sleeved blouse in case you ship during HOTSOP and capri trousers. Just watch for the sandfleas.

Endurance89
09-03-09, 09:41 PM
Ha...he said "hard and muscular"...TWICE!!!

Ah.

I only now realize the connotations of that phrase.

Well. What can I say? I got a hardon for the Marines. ;)

GIrene
09-03-09, 10:38 PM
We got a Marine that just checked into my unit thats 6'8"...

He's set on everything but Gortex, apparently there isn't a Cold Weather System made for Extra Extra Long folks. He said he had to cope with what he had.

This ain't the Old Corps, so you won't get "Only three sizes: Too big, too small, don't fit!" unless you are unlucky, but they'll make sure things fit, if they don't its a liability that could slow ya down or end up hurting you.

dizark
09-03-09, 11:39 PM
Exactly. I ran into a few shorter than normal recruits while in bootcamp and they told me if they didn't have their specific size, they'd order it in. You should be fine, so it's nothing to worry about.

MD8724
09-03-09, 11:44 PM
The max weight for people 16-20 who are 6.6" is 196 pounds. Now, you are not too much over the line, but make sure to ask for a waiver. If you pass the IST, then you don't need a waiver.

A male Marine who is 78 inches can have a max weight of 238 pounds Sgt, so he is good.

TheCrazySwede
09-04-09, 12:40 AM
You are right, I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that. It sounds stupid now when I read it over, what was I thinking? Well, anyways, we might be Jarheads, but we're still human, right? Thank You for correcting me Corporal.
And to the person who made the original post, forget about what I said last time, you are good to go. Good Luck.

Petz
09-04-09, 09:41 AM
I think you looked at the female column, at that height you can cross them over.

I'm maxed at 214 at 74 inches so yeah he's good.

they'll have trouble with you at the pull-up bar. good luck, it's always harder for us taller guys, benching takes mroe effort, pull-ups takes more, dips... oh yeah, have fun with them.

WKranz
09-05-09, 11:19 AM
Im6'6" and was About 210 when I shipped, they give you what is called "fat body" cammies at the start, and because of your weight loss, they'll hook you up with new cammies before you graduate. Fat body cammies are used and reused constantly, **** you might even end up with myold ones.

Endurance89
09-05-09, 11:51 AM
Im6'6" and was About 210 when I shipped, they give you what is called "fat body" cammies at the start, and because of your weight loss, they'll hook you up with new cammies before you graduate. Fat body cammies are used and reused constantly, **** you might even end up with myold ones.

They will have the mojo. I will earn the title while stewing in your juices.

Thanks for all the replies, Marines.

TRosa06
09-05-09, 12:01 PM
WTF is it with these questions lately. Cover sizes a few days back and now this. If they let you enlist they have the gear.

Backhaus 1103
12-21-09, 12:29 AM
They will have the mojo. I will earn the title while stewing in your juices.

I'm just going to throw it out there but...that sounds mighty homo

Marine1391
12-21-09, 09:17 PM
6' 6" is big, but I've definitely seen bigger Marines. I dated a Marine who was that size, and I saw quite a few drill instructors who were HUGE. I don't know where those guys came from.
But yeah, you'll be fine. The only issue you'll have is that you won't be allowed to work in the pits at the rifle range...you might get shot in the head!