PDA

View Full Version : Moral Waiver

Samuel21
09-03-09, 09:59 AM
Ok, I have researched like the rules said and nothing I found could answer my question so please help me everyone, when I was 12 years old I broke into a house with my buddy, we thought the house was abandoned and I was never caught and wasent arrested, rather I turned myself in, I pled guilty and got burgulary in the 3rd degree which makes it a felony, so is it possible and how do I get into the Marine Corps with this problem? I mean, I am not a bad kid, good grades always, NO DRUGS, I have worked for local farmers, I know how to work and I have about 800 hours of volunteer work under my belt, i'm not bad I just want a chance, I know the Marine Corps wouldn't regret it. Please help I researched a ton on this subject.

Thanks, Sam

0331 2 0369
09-03-09, 10:14 AM
A good place to start would be with the local recruiter in your area.

Samuel21
09-03-09, 11:04 AM
yes sir, I have gone to pt with them and i am going to ask this, but i am just wondering also what any of you guys think personally.

0231Marine
09-03-09, 11:45 AM
I think every Marine on here is going to give you the same advice the Gunny just did. Take the first step and speak with your local recruiter about it. We're not judge and jury here. He/She will be the only one that can give you a straight answer regarding your question.

MicMarine
09-03-09, 11:58 AM
A good place to start would be with the local recruiter in your area.

Gunny and the Cpl just gave the advice almost all of us would give. The question you asked, leaves questions it self. How old were you? Are you on probation? How old are you now? Do you have a HS diploma?

The nearest Recruiter will help you out if you a senior in high school, or have a diploma. You can get a waver, but the variables are to great to list on what is and what is not. Call the Marine that you PT with, he will hold your hand.

Samuel21
09-03-09, 01:42 PM
i was 12 years old, on probation for 180 days, had to do 30 hours of community work, $5000 fine for me and my buddy so i only paid $2500, i am 16 now and i am currently in high school with good grades, i good shape and i am not a bad kid i was only 12 but no excuses. just want a chance

NoRemorse
09-03-09, 01:48 PM
When you're 17 mosy your way in to the recruiter's office; you're too young right now and whether or not you're allowed to get a waiver will be determined by a great many things; like your current status (as in high school graduate or about to graduate) your age (17 with parental consent or 18 and older) as well as the needs of the Corps.

Samuel21
09-03-09, 02:07 PM
i agree with that post one hundered percent, i mean, i was twelve years old seriously give me a break, thats how i feel in terms of giving me a second chance and i know i gotta earn it!

Samuel21
09-03-09, 02:08 PM
And another thing is, I fliping turned my own self in!! I wasent caught or arrested I TOLD ON MYSELF!

Samuel21
09-03-09, 02:10 PM
in my tiny 16 year old mind i think that those things should qualify for a moral waiver but i'll just see, i'm going to talk to the local recruiter today.

0231Marine
09-04-09, 07:19 AM
It's obvious that your good grades aren't coming in English class. Try using this new thing called grammar and punctuation. It works wonders.

sparkie
09-04-09, 07:27 AM
The way you keep beatin that dead horse, It's starting to look like you are looking for absolution here.
You know what you have to do. Go do it.

Samuel21
09-05-09, 10:02 PM
ok so I found out today that I had a stay of adjutification so i was never really charged cuz i didnt violate my probation so thank god i am so happy all i ever wanted to do is join the Marine Corps,...

Petz
09-05-09, 11:47 PM
um, ah.

you're 16, but you can get a preliminary idea from a recruiter about your situation. It might not be positive as he's say you have no chance until he sees the report or whatever it is they do, but when they can actually run the search on you when you turn 17 and your parents sign the consent forms then you'll have a more accurate idea.

but, yeah. don't assume that since it was adjudicated that it's all kosher. And so you know, turning yourself in is a stupid thing to do.

Samuel21
09-06-09, 09:52 PM
uh, actually sir, I have the case file sitting right here next to me and we talked to the court and they said they never even put anything on my record because i didnt violate my terms, you should research a stay of adjutification it protects first time offenders from a criminal record and i would rather turn myself in because i dont want it to be on my mind. have a great night sir!

Petz
09-06-09, 10:14 PM
as I said, I've heard many times that this stuff is in your record. I'm not a cop, and you haven't had your file pulled by a recruiter. I'm glad you got a copy of what you have.

I don't care if you don't like the way I said it was stupid or not. You start off a sentence like "uh, actually sir...." and then end it with "have a great night sir!" is disrespectful. and you insult my intelligence by thinking I can't see through you thinly veiled contempt.

Samuel21
09-06-09, 11:25 PM
all im saying is that I have proof, thats all

NoRemorse
09-06-09, 11:44 PM
And it will be reviewed by your prospective recruiter's higher-ups. They will make the final determination as to whether or not a stupid, bone-headed, insipid, contemptible move you made at the age of 12 will keep you from even signing a contract.

This is all a moot point because you're neither 17 with parental consent nor 18.