PDA

View Full Version : Home presentation to Captain Daniel Moran, USMC

thewookie
09-03-09, 09:07 AM
Don't tell me how tough your life is, tell me what you're going to do about it. Semper Fi till I die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2laDrLsJcGM

Petz
09-03-09, 09:19 AM
I don't know what I'm looking at here, but he needs a hair-cut ad lose 5 pounds. (I know this 'cause so do I!)

is it a pity party? was that an official Marine Corps event that he was authorized to wear his uniform? looked to be more of a media event.

thewookie
09-03-09, 09:33 AM
I don't know what I'm looking at here, but he needs a hair-cut ad lose 5 pounds. (I know this 'cause so do I!)

is it a pity party? was that an official Marine Corps event that he was authorized to wear his uniform? looked to be more of a media event.

You're really ignorant. While you been wasting time typing junk here that Marine spent 2 1/2 years in a burn unit.

That might explain the hair cut and weight issue.

During his second tour of duty in Ramadi, Iraq, Captain Moran was wounded in action on October 9th when an IED exploded resulting in a level 2 concussion. Despite doctors encouraging him to take more time to recover, he was anxious to rejoin his platoon. Then, on October 21st, his platoon was ambushed and 3 members of his platoon were killed instantly.

Captain Moran sustained 3rd degree burns over 50% of his body. He suffered a compression fracture to his T-8 vertebrate, L-4 and L-5 herniated disks, minor inhalation injury resulting in Complex Obstructed Sleep Apnea and a mild Traumatic Brain Injury. He was rushed to Ramadi Surgical in Balad, Iraq then sent to Landstuhl, Germany where he was stabilized. He was transferred to Brooke Army Medical in San Antonio while still in a coma then spent the past 2 1/2 years in the burn unit recovering from his injuries. He has had over 31 surgeries and is scheduled for his last surgery on March 31, 2009. He has participated in intense rehabilitation at the Center for the Intrepid, as well as cognitive, physical and occupational therapy.

http://www.*************/news/article/marine-corps-news/wounded-warrior-accepts-key-to-new-home.html

Petz
09-03-09, 09:35 AM
I didn't watch the whole thing so you're right, I'm ignorant. I was kidding about the haircut and uniform thing. I apologize sir.

Wookie, I didn't mean anything by it brother.

0231Marine
09-03-09, 11:49 AM
Haven't watched the video, can't at work but I will point out that Ramadi Surgical and Balad are two different things meaning he likely went to Ramadi Surgical and then airlifted to Balad and onto Germany.

tracer311
09-04-09, 08:33 AM
Dan Moran '04 was in the same outfit as me at Texas A&M University. He was 3 years behind me, but we have many mutual friends and are acquaintances. He is an outstanding Officer of Marines, a proud Texan and good Aggie. My college buddies have kept in touch via email with him and his wife throughout this very long healing process. Kudos to him.

Semper Fi and Gig 'Em, Dan!

Trace, A-Co '00

temarti
09-04-09, 08:52 AM
Great message, great post Wookie.. thanks s/f

Gunner 0313
09-04-09, 09:28 AM
:flag:Excellent Wook ! The human spirit never ceases to amaze me.

BJKpfaller
09-04-09, 11:59 AM
To come back into service after going Through what this man has is the epitome of the Marine Corps spirit to him I would like to say Thank you for your service and saceifice and a big Semper Fi
Jack Pfaller

stretchusa
09-15-09, 12:12 PM
Capt Moran was my Plt Leader in Ramadi, I was one of his section leaders. I can tell you for a fact that he is an amazing Marine. Most of his burns were on his face and head, which is why they look puffy. As far as being offical the Sec Def was there so that would make it offical in my book.