PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions for active duty Marines

rugershooter16
09-01-09, 10:11 PM
Let me start by say hi as this is my first post! I hope to make the most of it. So I am getting ready to give the ok to take the physical and swear in. Here is my questions:

I have talked about the Delayed entry program with my recruiter and am somewhat unclear about it. I am going to see him tomorrow but would like to get a heads up. My Dad does not want me to sign in until He knows I will be in the DEP and cannot ship for Basic until the first of the year minimum. This is because I have a class at my local college I need to finish which ends in December. Will I sign the DEP form at MEPS, correct? How will this work?

Second, I see from all the websites that part of MEPS is the job selection but when I talk to my recruiter he says I have to go in with open contract and I cannot make a job selection until october or November when he knows what will be "open" for me. Is he bull****ing me or do I really make a job selection at MEPS?

I figures I would get some answers from Marines other than the one trying to get me to join. To be honest I am really open for a lot of different jobs. As long as it is not a desk job I will probably be good with it, but automotive and other hands-on work is what I am good at. Hopefully the physical will go good. The only thing I can see as 'bad' is semi hi blood pressure and mostly flat feet. Let me know what you think, thanks guys!:thumbup:

Lisa 23
09-01-09, 10:40 PM
It would be great if the Marines on this site knew who they would be giving answers to. Tell us about yourself by filling out your profile, and then reading the site rules in the Poolee forum and the Ask A Marine forum.
The Marine Corps has 'boot camp', not basic training, and instead of saying 'Thanks guys', how about saying "Thanks Marines".