PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying a job

Zeke
09-01-09, 06:05 PM
When I spoke to a recruiter a while ago he mentioned a job where the Marines were like MacGyver and could fix anything with whatever was available. I'm sorry for the horrible description but that's all I remember. Anyone had any idea what he could have meant?

Petz
09-01-09, 06:06 PM
MT Mech? I can fix anything with what I have available... duct tape is my friend.

MicMarine
09-01-09, 06:28 PM
MT Mech? I can fix anything with what I have available... duct tape is my friend.

This explains a lot.

Petz
09-01-09, 07:04 PM
hehe, the questions it explains happen to be a mystery.

he said something like McGyver, I feel I'm similar to McGyver when it comes to fixing my equipment when it comes down to life or death, the same kinds of situations McGyver is in when he does his thing.

samthomas
09-01-09, 07:18 PM
Pretty much any Marine. Adapt and overcome, with broken gear.

Petz
09-01-09, 07:21 PM
thank you for validating my vague point... I love it when people figure it out, it means they is smart(ish)

:D

MicMarine
09-01-09, 08:22 PM
hehe, the questions it explains happen to be a mystery.

he said something like McGyver, I feel I'm similar to McGyver when it comes to fixing my equipment when it comes down to life or death, the same kinds of situations McGyver is in when he does his thing.

I know what you mean brother. You just aren't suppose to say it. Now I will do a really good PM on all the GOV I drive/ride in. I rolled in Iraq/Afgan with a few rolls of duct tape and a few other jerry rigging supplies.