PDA

View Full Version : Family Day / Graduation

USMCDrippin
08-31-09, 10:42 AM
We attended Family Day and Graduation last week. That was the most impressive thing we have ever been a part of. Ranks in the top three... Getting married, birth of a child, Marine Graduation. WOW!!!

Petz
08-31-09, 11:17 AM
getting married was number 1? ... that's interesting... wait until you see a full Military Wedding... that'll trump YOUR getting married for sure.

:D

USMCDrippin
08-31-09, 11:32 AM
I had to be politically correct in the event my wife was reading the post. We thought we were ready for Family Day and Graduation and we have never been so proud. It was something that every American must attend!!!

Petz
08-31-09, 11:48 AM
seriously though... if your son get's married (hopefully at the end of his contract which will simplify his life) that you all get to see the full on military wedding... it's freaking motivating.

Lisa 23
08-31-09, 03:15 PM
We attended Family Day and Graduation last week. That was the most impressive thing we have ever been a part of. Ranks in the top three... Getting married, birth of a child, Marine Graduation. WOW!!!

I was also at Family Day/Graduation this past Friday, Aug 28th, but at Parris Island. You look like you were at San Diego.
It was an AWESOME time and brought back sooooooooo many memories. Loved it!
CONGRATS to you and your family...and to the new Marine in your family! :thumbup:

USMCDrippin
08-31-09, 03:32 PM
LAS : Was that the most amazing moment? Yes... we were in San Diego. Hot as the sun but we did not care. Congrats to you and your Marine. In this day and age I wish more people would experience what we have... makes the US of A stand still. God Bless and ever forward!!!

Momof2Marines
09-01-09, 09:17 AM
Congratulation to PFC Rollie!!! I told you Jim, it was something you will always remember!!!

Cyndy
PMM Randy & Jerry

Momof2Marines
09-01-09, 09:18 AM
P.S. Jim make sure to get the DVD

marinemom22007
11-10-09, 07:20 PM
I will be honest. I cried like I did when each of my children were born. I would Love to go again.. A Marine Graduation is the Best thing I have ever been to in my life....

Jarhead6193
11-11-09, 10:27 AM
The only thing better than my Graduation from Parris Island in 1976, will be attending my sons graduation from Parris Island next week 11-20-2009 Platoon 1081

Zulu 36
11-11-09, 11:18 AM
seriously though... if your son get's married (hopefully at the end of his contract which will simplify his life) that you all get to see the full on military wedding... it's freaking motivating.

Especially the sword smack on a certain participant's butt. :D