PDA

View Full Version : Security Force RA

pooleegroover
08-30-09, 08:26 PM
Good morning/afternoon/evening Marines. I was wondering if I would be able to receive recruiter's assistance after ITB if the S/F school was backed up even though I am infantry-bound. I read somewhere about a PFT that you would have to pass with a 225 or better to get it. I highly doubt that it would be backed up and im mostly concerned with earning the title but it was just a question that I wanted some clarification on. Thanks for the help. Poolee Groover

rufio14
08-31-09, 02:17 AM
Why are you wondering about that now? You don't know if your school will be backed up or not..thats at least 5 months down the road if you ship tomorrow. You don't even know if your going to make it through boot. Either way there's no way of knowing the answer to that question cause it just depends of the circumstances and whats going on at the time.

pooleegroover
08-31-09, 10:46 AM
I know that sir. Thats why I said if it happens and those are the circumstances that unfold. I highly doubt that the school would be backed up but I just wanted know if i could get RA instead having to sit there in a work detail party. No offense sir, but I wanted someone who has been through S/F who has had that happen to them. But, on another note, if there are no medical issues or accidents, then I WILL complete recruit training and earn my title because I am extremely motivated and determined and being a Marine is my dream. Thank you Pfc.

thewookie
08-31-09, 10:59 AM
They crank them out at the Security Forces Training Company. You shouldn't be waiting too long for a class to pick up, they pick new ones up pretty frequently as the turnover is high for SF.

pooleegroover
08-31-09, 11:07 AM
Thank you Sgt.

Petz
08-31-09, 11:12 AM
wow... wookie, a PFC gets "sir'd" and you get "ranked"..... sucks to be you apparently... :D

pooleegroover
08-31-09, 11:18 AM
I apologize sir. I didnt mean anything by it.

Petz
08-31-09, 11:20 AM
no no no... I'm just messing around. I'm sure wookie understood.

you should use rank for all enlisted Marines and reserve "Sir" for your DIs and officers.

pooleegroover
08-31-09, 11:55 AM
Aye SSgt. Petzold. Im just used to saying sir to all men older than I am. Thanks for all the help.

Petz
08-31-09, 11:57 AM
what are you a pirate? it's "aye aye" ..... next you'll be saying "argh".

pooleegroover
08-31-09, 12:03 PM
Aye Aye SSgt. Petzold. Will not happen again.

Petz
08-31-09, 12:06 PM
are you ending a sentence after SSgt?

I'm helping you, not criticizing... too much. :D