PDA

View Full Version : Trade in Blues around Camp Pendleton

jackson07
08-29-09, 09:15 PM
I have a bunch of Marines asking me places to trade in their uniforms for different sizes. Mostly blues this time of the year. Can anyone recomend a good place around Camp Pendleton where a Marine can take in a set of blues and get a new set (or used in good condition) for a decent price?

Thank you.

Petz
08-29-09, 10:46 PM
the clothing store (cash sales).... the last time I was there they buy back at a lower rate your old uniform so the new one is discounted, as long as the person tailoring it didn't butcher it like the ***** who did my Alpha blouse.... cut all the excess material away for some retarded reason.... a 10 dollar take-in cost me 60 bucks when I went to buy a new one.

so I don't know if they do that anymore, but since the advent of clothing allowances we can't do a one for one swap unless you're in the Reserves.

YUT.

jackson07
08-29-09, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the advice SSgt, I will look into that.

SSgt Ramsey
08-30-09, 06:30 AM
I don't know if they have or offer this at Camp Pendleton, but at MCAS Cherry Point, their cash-sales has a rack of clothing from Marine's who got into trouble and were ordered to turn-in their...

Petz
08-30-09, 07:41 AM
ooh, good point, since they are issuing blues at MCRD goto cash sales down there and you should get the blues that were turned back in from recruits who dropped or whatever... 1/4 sales... you could find some good deals there... check it out!!!

thanks for reminding me SSgt Ramsey!

SSgt Ramsey
08-30-09, 07:45 AM
LOL...I try to be helpfull when I can...

We had to do some CGI Inspections at MCAS Beaufort and went to PISC and found out about it there from the dropped recruits. Some screaming deals to be had, just right place, right time.

BR34
08-30-09, 08:23 AM
I was in Pendleton earlier this year and a couple Marines I was with went to check out the 1/4 sales at MCRD SD. They said it was a wasted trip. Check craigslist, I got some blues on there right now.

Petz
08-30-09, 08:28 AM
that's 'cause earlier this year they just started issuing the blues.....

BR34
08-30-09, 08:30 AM
They didn't go to check out just blues. They went to see what kind of uniform items they had. They said the pickings were very slim.

Petz
08-30-09, 08:49 AM
you got to know when to go... they drop recruits in stages... it's best to call sometimes too...

jackson07
08-30-09, 11:14 AM
Thursday is when the put the new stuff out at the Depot. You have to get there right away in the morning.

dizark
08-30-09, 12:55 PM
They were issuing blues earlier than this year. I went to boot in January and got mine issued at O2 Clothing. I'm sure this was last year as well.

The 1/4 sales at the MCRD MCX stores are great. Got myself a brand new pair of boots with no marking on them for $18.55.