PDA

View Full Version : Anything I should know?

konomaru
08-29-09, 08:51 PM
I was thinking about going into the Marine Corps., and I was wondering if there was anything I should(n't) know about being in the Marine Corps. Any advice about pretty much anything including training, life as a marine, ect. would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa 23
08-29-09, 09:06 PM
It would be great if the Marines on this site knew who they would be giving answers to. Tell us about yourself by filling out your profile, and then reading the site rules in the Poolee forum.

Phantom Blooper
08-29-09, 09:07 PM
You should know to get any answers from Marines...you need to fill out your profile and read the sticky rules in the Poolee Forum.

Once this occurs you may get some answers.:evilgrin:

ecfree
08-29-09, 09:09 PM
It would be great if the Marines on this site knew who they would be giving answers to. Tell us about yourself by filling out your profile, and then reading the site rules in the Poolee forum.
Well said Lisa...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

konomaru
08-29-09, 09:21 PM
Sorry. I added some stuff on my profile.

Phantom Blooper
08-29-09, 09:24 PM
Good to go...now you should start getting some answers.

In the meantime I would suggest reading the Poolee Forum threads and doing a search.

The search button is your friend!:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
08-29-09, 09:29 PM
OK, now that you've filled out your profile, my advise to you would be to talk to a Recruiter first.
As for your other questions on wanting to know about training and life in the Marine Corps, just use the search bar, there's plenty of info on that.

Lisa 23
08-29-09, 10:50 PM
Since I can't edit my last post now...it's "advice", not advise. My bad.

TJKUSMC
08-29-09, 11:10 PM
Try asking specific questions on what you would like to know.

J Cooper
08-30-09, 08:00 AM
Try asking specific questions on what you would like to know.

+1. That could be a start. What specific jobs are you interested in? Life as a Marine differs with everyones perception of our beloved Corps. One Marine will say it sucks, another in the same field will say it is the best thing in the world. It all depends on you.

Ask specifics.

konomaru
09-01-09, 09:07 PM
What was the hardest part of training? Was it worth all the effort it took to become a Marine? What is life in the Marines like?

Lisa 23
09-01-09, 09:42 PM
In my opinion, the hardest part of boot camp differers from person to person. What may be difficult for one person may not be difficult for another. It's something you have to experience for yourself to get a true answer.
Was it worth all the effort to become a Marine...YES! If not, then why enlist and go. For me, all the effort turns into PRIDE...and PRIDE of being a Marine is FOREVER! No one can EVER take that away from you, not EVER!
Life in the Marine Corps differs from person to person also. It's what each person makes of their Marine Corps career, no matter how many years you put in. Again, something you have to experience for yourself.

sparkie
09-02-09, 07:00 AM
In boot you 'own' your actions, and everyone elses,,,,, the hardest thing in boot is trying to hide. You will learn to Man up, of fail.
[no offence, Sis].

Lisa 23
09-02-09, 08:45 AM
Non taken sparkie! :thumbup: :beer:

0331 2 0369
09-02-09, 08:58 AM
Was it worth all the effort it took to become a Marine?

Do you know any Marines personally? With that question I would say probably not. How old are you? Was it worth all the hard work in school to get to that age?

I ain't bustin your balls here kid but you are asking the proudest branch of the services if is worth the effort. Even the most pizzed off Marine will tell you it is.

slimmy07
09-02-09, 07:16 PM
Your BEST bet kid is to talk to ALL the branches and find which one fits you. The payis all the same, but each branch has its own way of doing things. Dont be affraid to talk to a recruiter, they are there to give you info. be straight up and say that you just want some info and you will be looking at ALL the branches.