PDA

View Full Version : Cop Kills Wild Man In Bridge Fight complete footage

thewookie
08-29-09, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpziJTlv7Cw

This guy was wanted for an A&B on a restaurant.

You can hear him scream when he gets shot,,, last mistake he will ever make. Good job officer. Glad you made it home to your family that night. Last mistake that idiot will make.

Taser's are a great law enforcement tool, but nothing beats a good case of lead poisoning.:)

Trucrimsongold
08-29-09, 10:01 AM
It is a Nasty job sometimes. Had that guy did what the Officer asked him to do he would be alive instead he will be below ground. Hey Jet Dawg, where are your negative comments? Surely if the Officer had a Masters degree he would have been able to talk this guy into custody right?

thewookie
08-29-09, 10:09 AM
It was an A&B at a restaurant, my baD.

The incident began when the Davenport officer stopped the suspect in the middle of the bridge to question him regarding an assault 15 minutes earlier at the Cafe on Vine coffee shop, a free meal site at 932 W. 6th St., officials said.

http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/article_46337f6e-7def-11de-b56a-001cc4c03286.html

Gunner 0313
08-29-09, 11:41 AM
:flag:Two thumbs up. To bad he didn't give that guy a moonroof. Personally I would have had my weapon out from the get go but I'm sure SOP dictated the taser 1st, which IMO endangers the safety of officers.

BR34
08-29-09, 02:59 PM
Who would want to get tasered on a bridge anyway? I wonder what the media would be saying if the officer tasered him and he fell over and drowned.

Old Marine
08-29-09, 03:32 PM
Saved the tax payer's a lot of money by not having to feed this animal or house him while he was waiting for trail.

J Cooper
08-29-09, 03:50 PM
Saved the tax payer's a lot of money by not having to feed this animal or house him while he was waiting for trail.
+1. Now thats what im talking about!

Zulu 36
08-29-09, 04:54 PM
:flag:Two thumbs up. To bad he didn't give that guy a moonroof. Personally I would have had my weapon out from the get go but I'm sure SOP dictated the taser 1st, which IMO endangers the safety of officers.

Assault and battery is usually a misdemeanor crime in most states. You can't shoot people for misdemeanors. Absent any information on the guy possibly being armed, the officer more than likely was following his agency SOP (and law) by going Taser first.

Before Tasers it would have been pepper spray or baton.

slug
08-29-09, 06:13 PM
I'm surprised jetdawg hasn't jumped in here defending the animal, accusing a racist shooting, skip the trial hang the cop, etc.

Good shooting on behalf of the officer, although he should have fired before he had to take a hit himself.

Zulu 36
08-29-09, 06:38 PM
I'm surprised jetdawg hasn't jumped in here defending the animal, accusing a racist shooting, skip the trial hang the cop, etc.

Good shooting on behalf of the officer, although he should have fired before he had to take a hit himself.

It's not that easy to say what the cop should have done and when. I've been in a couple of serious fights that went to the ground and in both cases I had to defend my holstered weapon because the bad guy was trying to take it. These things move fast when they go to sh*t.

You have to do what you can do. Pulling your firearm may not be one of things you can do at the time.

echo3oscar1833
08-29-09, 06:46 PM
This incident took place about 40 minutes from where I live. The bridge on which this incident took place is called the Sentinial Bridge. That particular bridge is used by drug dealers, and all kinds of other criminals to cross from Davenport Iowa, and Rock Island Illinois. The cop that stopped and helped was an Illinois Rock Island Detective, helping the Davenport Patrol Officer out. The areas on both side of the bridges are really bad, the police are constantly working with each other on both sides to lower crime. This kinda stuff has been going on for many years. My point is, its a very bad area, and the cop was doing what he had to do, to make it home that night. SF:D

BR34
08-29-09, 07:31 PM
It's not that easy to say what the cop should have done and when. I've been in a couple of serious fights that went to the ground and in both cases I had to defend my holstered weapon because the bad guy was trying to take it. These things move fast when they go to sh*t.

You have to do what you can do. Pulling your firearm may not be one of things you can do at the time.

Hey, Zulu, I've been thinking about a career in federal law enforcement after I EAS, what's your history if you don't mind me asking?

Echo3Lima
08-30-09, 10:44 PM
Im glad to see the Officer made it out alive, and the scumbag didnt. Its a shame their SOP was to tazer first, you could tell right off that the perp was thinking of a way out.

SgtThrasher
08-30-09, 11:47 PM
"A man with a history of violence is dead and an officer is injured after a shooting Friday morning on the Centennial Bridge."

The first two lines tell the story of this thug!

StoneTheWeak
08-31-09, 12:14 PM
Sweet, another dirt bag blown away. They need to use larger caliber weapons so that when they do have to shoot these guys, there's no need to try and save them.

Supersquishy
08-31-09, 12:17 PM
Hey, Zulu, I've been thinking about a career in federal law enforcement after I EAS, what's your history if you don't mind me asking?
I know Florida is hurting for State Troopers, problem though is the Pay sucks.

BIG SIS 2 DH
08-31-09, 12:41 PM
if I were a cop or anybody else for that matter I would have done whatever I could to protect myself

I am thankful that the Officer got out alive and that we have men and women like him willing to take this crap so the public can stay safe.

BR34
08-31-09, 01:07 PM
I know Florida is hurting for State Troopers, problem though is the Pay sucks.

The pay sucks? What Marine Corps are you in? It can't be much worse than what I make now. I'm gonna check em out, thanks.

BR34
08-31-09, 01:14 PM
They make 39k a year! That's more than I make now with my BAH and BAS added to my base pay. Thanks for the heads up.

NoRemorse
08-31-09, 01:17 PM
39k is a wage you can live off down there. You can easily afford a large place depending on the area.

Supersquishy
08-31-09, 02:07 PM
They make 39k a year! That's more than I make now with my BAH and BAS added to my base pay. Thanks for the heads up.
<TABLE width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>STARTING SALARY

$33,977.04 yearly

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=headerMBlue vAlign=top align=middle>Starting Salary</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>$38,976.84 yearly
Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade,
Monroe, Collier, and Lee Counties</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

They must have recieved a raise, when I was researching lastime it was 29 grand, and the pay promotions sucked. A Trooper I talked to said he was getting paid the same after 10 years as the FNG's with one year under their belt. I might have to check into this.

0331 2 0369
08-31-09, 02:15 PM

How down and dirty do you want to get with law enforcement? You mentioned federal law enforcement? At what level of federal are you referring?

BR34
08-31-09, 02:58 PM
How down and dirty do you want to get with law enforcement? You mentioned federal law enforcement? At what level of federal are you referring?

I'm thinking FBI/DEA type stuff if I go federal. I'm checking out a bunch of different degrees I can get that will help out, like Security Management BA and things like that. And I'm looking at law enforcement on a state/city level to get experience, and for a job while finishing up the above degree.

Supersquishy
08-31-09, 03:05 PM
ICE would be cool.

NoRemorse
08-31-09, 03:05 PM
Depending on what you want to do in the FBI/DEA you might like for a combo program. You can get a Bachelor's and Juris Doctorate in about 4 years total depending on the school.

They have that very program here at Pace Law School in New York

Zulu 36
08-31-09, 03:25 PM
<table width="90%" align="center"><tbody><tr><td align="middle">STARTING SALARY

$33,977.04 yearly

</td></tr><tr><td class="headerMBlue" valign="top" align="middle">Starting Salary</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="middle">$38,976.84 yearly
Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade,
Monroe, Collier, and Lee Counties</td></tr></tbody></table>

They must have recieved a raise, when I was researching lastime it was 29 grand, and the pay promotions sucked. A Trooper I talked to said he was getting paid the same after 10 years as the FNG's with one year under their belt. I might have to check into this.

FHP does not pay terribly well. Remember they are not a state police force, they are traffic crash investigators first, traffic cops second, and anything else third. They are certified police officers, but that is not their primary duty unless it is traffic related. They work for the Florida Department of Transportation, not Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).

They do get a take-home scout car, but you are on a call-out schedule in case the on-duty troopers need help on a nasty crash. I know a couple of troopers through Boy Scouts, and unless they are on vacation, they have to bring their scout cars to all scouting events in case they have to blast off (and they have).

Your assigned response area can be quite large as well.

0331 2 0369
09-01-09, 07:02 AM
I'm thinking FBI/DEA type stuff if I go federal. I'm checking out a bunch of different degrees I can get that will help out, like Security Management BA and things like that. And I'm looking at law enforcement on a state/city level to get experience, and for a job while finishing up the above degree.

Have you started on your degree yet?

BR34
09-01-09, 07:03 AM
Have you started on your degree yet?

I've got 32 credits right now, and just enrolled in AMU yesterday. Gonna start back Sept 17th.

0331 2 0369
09-01-09, 07:33 AM
I've got 32 credits right now, and just enrolled in AMU yesterday. Gonna start back Sept 17th.

Good. Stick with it. Both the FBI and DEA's Academies are located on Quantico. It's a good time up here if find things to occupy your free time.