PDA

View Full Version : I Made It!

BGW
08-28-09, 06:53 PM
Hey you guys! Remember me? Na you guys couldn't of, I was not that big here. Any way I earned it! Yes! 13 weeks man talk about mentally exhausting. Never thought this day would come.

Platoon 1045, Charlie Company. Feels good. Next thing to accomplish is MCT.

Also could I get my title changed to PFC? Thanks :D

P.S. As always, any people want to know some of my experiences from boot camp feel free to ask.

SeanRyan32
08-28-09, 11:33 PM
Congratulations on the title, MARINE! Good luck at MCT!

MarinesFTW
08-28-09, 11:38 PM
Congrats MARINE! What was your final PFT score?

BGW
08-29-09, 02:26 AM
Hey thanks guys.

Well, my initial PFT was some what better then my final PFT.

Initial was like 15 pull ups, run was 20:30 and crunches was like 106, but my final PFT turned out to be 14 pull ups, run time was 20:10 and crunches was 96. We did not do much PT up in second phase nor third phase. But in first phase is where we did a lot of PT and my PFT defiantly rose during this time, just the last two phases it did not improve. But that was my experiance, others did improve in all three fields.

also i do not know the score I only know what I got, sorry about that. Holy hell your ship date is more then a year then my ship date, damn. You have PLEANTY of time to raise your physical fitness. Do not waist that time, physical fitness may be like 10% of boot camp but wow does it help alot to be strong and have good endurance in boot camp, alot. Keep that in mind.

P.S. after reading my initial post, what i meant was to have the title changed from poolee to Marine. I do knot know who has that power but can some one hook me up on this?

MarinesFTW
08-29-09, 09:36 PM
Hey thanks guys.

Well, my initial PFT was some what better then my final PFT.

Initial was like 15 pull ups, run was 20:30 and crunches was like 106, but my final PFT turned out to be 14 pull ups, run time was 20:10 and crunches was 96. We did not do much PT up in second phase nor third phase. But in first phase is where we did a lot of PT and my PFT defiantly rose during this time, just the last two phases it did not improve. But that was my experiance, others did improve in all three fields.

also i do not know the score I only know what I got, sorry about that. Holy hell your ship date is more then a year then my ship date, damn. You have PLEANTY of time to raise your physical fitness. Do not waist that time, physical fitness may be like 10% of boot camp but wow does it help alot to be strong and have good endurance in boot camp, alot. Keep that in mind.

P.S. after reading my initial post, what i meant was to have the title changed from poolee to Marine. I do knot know who has that power but can some one hook me up on this?

PM a Mod, they will square you away. I am working on them, hopefully will be well over 260 before I head to boot camp. Good job Marine, what is your MOS?

BGW
08-29-09, 10:04 PM
PM a Mod, they will square you away. I am working on them, hopefully will be well over 260 before I head to boot camp. Good job Marine, what is your MOS?

Again thanks. My MOS is logistics, I do not know the specific MOS that I will have, but hopefully they tell me soon.

Also.... seems like this forum, died down quite a lot. Has it not? Or at least compared to three months ago when I was here.... Wonder what happened.

Capital M
08-30-09, 12:41 AM
Again thanks. My MOS is logistics, I do not know the specific MOS that I will have, but hopefully they tell me soon.

Also.... seems like this forum, died down quite a lot. Has it not? Or at least compared to three months ago when I was here.... Wonder what happened.

The mods restricted access to a lot of Marines in the Poolee Hall. It was a shame, I always enjoyed coming home at the end of the day and watching Marines own on an un-squared away Poolee or wannabe making a fool out of themself. That combined with crufews and restriced access for Poolees still in high school made it kind of die down a bit. Hopefully it will pick back up soon.

Congratulations Marine:flag:

Yojimbo
08-30-09, 01:01 AM
Congratulations Marine!

pooleegroover
09-01-09, 04:21 PM
Congradulations Marine. Im hoping to earn my title soon just have to wait till the first semester is over and then im gone. But what was your rifle qual? How was the initial shock when you first arrived? What advice do you have from your experience? Congrats again.

MarinesFTW
09-01-09, 10:59 PM
Hopefully with the school year coming around, there will be more people wanting to join, and will flock to us. :)

pooleegroover
09-02-09, 12:16 AM
Sounds good. I just recruited someone the first day of school.