PDA

View Full Version : Sign on Bonus Sham?

PriceDM
08-28-09, 03:45 PM
So I'm posting this here for lack of knowing where it should go so feel free to move this topic...

So when I enlisted back in 1999, I was still in high school. At the graduation ceremony my recruiter went up on stage and gave me this big freaking novelty check for a sign on bonus. So I'm excited and so are my parents and I think, "wow, I'm lucky".

Time goes by and I, to tell the truth, forgot about it. We're talking $50k, don't ask how I forgot about it. Anyway, here we are 10 years later and I call the recruiting office with my delema. The SSgt there looks up my pre-dep paperwork and see's my asvab and all those nice records. He doesn't see a sign on bonus. He tells me, "sorry man i just don't see anything, and if i don't see it, you won't get it."

Asking a couple salty dogs, they ask me if i checked my Dep paperwork because it would be on there if I was supposed to get it. I remember being there and the Sgt saying, "this spot is where you lucky ones will have your bonuses so check it over" and I remember it being there.

So after all that explaination,... sorry... What document in my SRB am I requesting when I write the Military Personnel Records Center located at 9700 Page Avenue in Saint Louis?
(http://www.leatherneck.com/wiki/United_States)

Rocky C
08-28-09, 03:56 PM
Yeah, OK, Have another Drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samthomas
08-28-09, 03:59 PM
Even if you had gotten one, if you waited that long before asking, you don't deserve it.

Wyoming
08-28-09, 11:19 PM
Wonderful pro....!

Aw, never ****ing mind.

BTW, 10 years later, trust me, you are out, your fantasy 50k.

Petz
08-28-09, 11:49 PM
you don't have your enlistment paperwork? I still have mine....

Sgt Jim
08-29-09, 12:16 AM
Didn,t have to give me a bonus to join,i got the title!

ecfree
08-29-09, 12:27 PM
PriceDM,according to your not so much of a PROFILE,you're a E1...So whats with the Buck Sgt. avatar...:confused:.You enlisted in 99,Buck Sgt. went out in 59/60....
What's up doc......:evilgrin:

PriceDM
09-30-09, 02:37 PM
Yeh just as I originally thought, 6 replys and all JackA$$es. So I come here for an answer to a real question and what I get are snarky comments. Thanks for the great info trolls.:thumbdown

Petz
09-30-09, 02:42 PM
WE'RE the trolls?

you got issues dude, you got two posts hoping someone will help you out. follow the site rules, fill out your profile and someone will try to help you.

your uber small story doesn't give anyone anything to go on.

The best you can do if find your recruiter and contact him.

now go take your high and mighty personality and get lost.

0331 2 0369
09-30-09, 02:51 PM
hut.....2......3.......4

I love the Marine Corps!

Dayum this place is entertaining. :beer:

zx6rdr
09-30-09, 02:56 PM
WE'RE the trolls?

you got issues dude, you got two posts hoping someone will help you out. follow the site rules, fill out your profile and someone will try to help you.

your uber small story doesn't give anyone anything to go on.

The best you can do if find your recruiter and contact him.

now go take your high and mighty personality and get lost.

HEY leave him alone... he is obviously very special, he joined in '99 and worked his way backwards in rank, all the way back to Buck Sgt.... Damn, that must be a Marine Corps first!!! :marine:

Wyoming
09-30-09, 07:57 PM
Yeh just as I originally thought, 6 replys and all JackA$$es. So I come here for an answer to a real question and what I get are snarky comments. Thanks for the great info trolls.:thumbdown

If you are going away, can I have your credits?

ecfree
09-30-09, 08:12 PM
I'm going to respectfuly give you some information..............;)
You,PriceDM,Buck Sgt,:thumbdownARE FULL OF HORSE CRAP.....:evilgrin:

Osotogary
09-30-09, 09:01 PM
Trolling for credits? LOL <br />
<br />
Big Al, that reminds me of a young man, who was a cheap son of a gun, who lived in the same Boy's Home that I lived. The other guys used to get on his azz for being so...

stretchusa
10-01-09, 08:10 AM
So I'm posting this here for lack of knowing where it should go so feel free to move this topic...

So when I enlisted back in 1999, I was still in high school. At the graduation ceremony my recruiter went up on stage and gave me this big freaking novelty check for a sign on bonus. So I'm excited and so are my parents and I think, "wow, I'm lucky".

Time goes by and I, to tell the truth, forgot about it. We're talking $50k, don't ask how I forgot about it. Anyway, here we are 10 years later and I call the recruiting office with my delema. The SSgt there looks up my pre-dep paperwork and see's my asvab and all those nice records. He doesn't see a sign on bonus. He tells me, "sorry man i just don't see anything, and if i don't see it, you won't get it."

Asking a couple salty dogs, they ask me if i checked my Dep paperwork because it would be on there if I was supposed to get it. I remember being there and the Sgt saying, "this spot is where you lucky ones will have your bonuses so check it over" and I remember it being there.

So after all that explaination,... sorry... What document in my SRB am I requesting when I write the Military Personnel Records Center located at 9700 Page Avenue in Saint Louis?
(http://www.leatherneck.com/wiki/United_States)
Bro Who was your recruiter? I have a feeling that you got scamed and I am wondering if we had the same guy.

temarti
10-01-09, 09:10 AM
Funny, one serious thought... if he presented a "big" check at your graduation, there has to be a picture. Someone took it, more than likely a parent. I have never seen a "big" check presentation without a camera around.