PDA

View Full Version : Yet to understand

pooleedavis91
08-28-09, 09:58 AM
Geez this is really becoming a long drawn out story. I know there are a few of yall Marines who have kept up with my story and it looks like this is the end of it.

For those who don't know my story this is it. I enlisted in July of 2008 before my senior year. I graduated and planned on shipping on June 22, 2009. My HIV test came back "unreadable" from MEPS so my Gunnery Sergeant took me to get a civilian blood test. That of course came back HIV negative.

To me "unreadable" blood didnt make sence. It didnt to me and not to too many Marines on this site. The Sgt. and Gunny that put me in have since shipped off and the only recruiter back in my home town doesn't sound too enthused to talk to me.

I missed my ship date of course but still wanted to be a Marine and I was directed to leatherneck.com for advice. I took numerous tips from trying to get a waiver to going to a different recruiter. The recruiter I talked to recently said I was straight up disqualified. Even WITH civilian blood results saying I'm HIV negative.

Its extremly frustrating that I'm not going to get to be a Marine on someone elses technicality. I'm sorry if any disrespect is being taken from this thread as none is intended. My hands are in the air with no more ideas or plans to execute but I'm in complete awe. What do I do next? Is there anything to do? Please anything.

samthomas
08-28-09, 02:44 PM
I don't really understand your issue, aside from the recruiter not being interested in working with you. That sucks, but it is the roll of the dice. Now is not a time when recruiters need to take applicants who require extra work. If you want to be a Marine, keep at it. Eventually the recruiter might be willing to help. Or you could find a different recruiter...

Sgt Leprechaun
08-28-09, 06:53 PM
Perseverance is the key. You might try going higher in the chain of command, but if MEPS has DQ'd you, then that's basically about it I'm afraid. Your last resort *might* be to contact your congressional representative, but that's a long shot.

pooleedavis91
08-28-09, 07:03 PM
Perseverance is the key. You might try going higher in the chain of command, but if MEPS has DQ'd you, then that's basically about it I'm afraid. Your last resort *might* be to contact your congressional representative, but that's a long shot.

Thanks for the advice. I'll just let time take over and maybe I can try again in a few months

sparkie
08-28-09, 07:58 PM
Don't give up,,,,,, If it takes a new Recruiter, Do it.

Qwarkeh
08-28-09, 10:31 PM
I know a guy who tests false positive on the cheapo HIV tests, and he's still a Marine. Keep on working for it, and eventually you'll find someone who wants to help you.

pooleedavis91
08-28-09, 10:34 PM
Don't give up,,,,,, If it takes a new Recruiter, Do it.

Both Sergeant and Lance Corporal. I love this site because yall really encourage people. I will keep looking and exploring options.