PDA

View Full Version : prior service

telly141
08-27-09, 04:42 PM
i was in us army before. And i could transfer my time there to my new militar status (currently i am usmc) I would like know if my time in the army can help to reduce my GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL DATE?

thewookie
08-27-09, 04:46 PM
I can't telly until you fill out your profile. Have you taken any USMC MCI's yet?

telly141
08-27-09, 05:15 PM
yes i fill out my mci......

SSgt Ramsey
08-27-09, 05:17 PM

Huh??

telly141
08-27-09, 05:19 PM
i cant understand your question......

SSgt Ramsey
08-27-09, 05:22 PM
The Wookie asked if you had done any USMC MCI's, you replied "yes I fill out my MCI" which makes absolutely no sense to me, something isn't adding up for me, and I took the "Math for Marine's" MCI lol....

You might want to completely fill out your profile ASAP before somebody other than myself jumps in here :bunny:

telly141
08-27-09, 05:25 PM
i dont understand why you ask me about my mci's my question is about my good conduct medal date.... i had good time in us army and i would like know if i can transfer that time in my usmc time? why you or he ask me about mci if my theme is very different.....

SSgt Ramsey
08-27-09, 05:33 PM
I understood your question, but look at it from our point of view: most of us have our profiles completely filled out, have a number of posts for other Marine's to "feel" us out by our posts and demeanor...you've given us basically nothing to go on other than you have prior US Army service and now a Marine.

Your question is one that any Admin Sgt or above I daresay could and would answer you or a unit Adjutant.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know what the answer is, at least my instinct anyway, but I kinda want to see where this goes and your further posts.

Sergeant M
08-27-09, 05:40 PM
Troll alert!

telly141
08-27-09, 05:42 PM
I have filled out my profile a little more. Some spots are left blank though. I'm trying to get help so I can bring it up to my Sgt without having to ask him. I am just trying to utilize other resources instead of always asking my Sgt. I understand the NCO's are supposed to take care of us, but they have enough on their plate.

Supersquishy
08-27-09, 05:45 PM
I have filled out my profile a little more. Some spots are left blank though. I'm trying to get help so I can bring it up to my Sgt without having to ask him. I am just trying to utilize other resources instead of always asking my Sgt. I understand the NCO's are supposed to take care of us, but they have enough on their plate.
Just go to your Admin S shop and ask one of the clerks.

telly141
08-27-09, 05:49 PM
thank you superquisky .... i was thinking about it. Your answer have a lot information. Thank you so much. Very easy. If i need talk with s-1 i promise you i will talk with them. Thank you so much.

R/S

Zavala

telly141
08-27-09, 05:54 PM
I am admin. I work in an IPAC. What I am trying to do is figure out what i need to do besides asking my sgt, to get my Good Conduct Medal date changed, using my prior service time.

CplKJSpevak
08-27-09, 06:02 PM
Telly, sorry I don't have an answer for you but I'm curious, Can you wear any ribbons you have from your Army time in a Marine Corps Uniform?

Petz
08-27-09, 06:03 PM
ok, I call BS here... if you work at IPAC tell me where it is at your Base... then explain to me why you can't spell using proper grammar. I find it hard to believe that they rely on you to do any admin work if they have to keep proof reading your junk work you provide.

and seriously, if you're at IPAC you have nothing but knowledge floating around you... ask the other junior Marines... or a Cpl... ask a SNCO in passing.

thewookie
08-27-09, 06:31 PM

Have you taken spelling for Marines?

telly141
08-27-09, 07:33 PM
ok you know what sir.... we finish this conversation. If you want know what ipac i work you can look in global email..... your last txt was very offensive to me. Have good day

thewookie
08-27-09, 07:38 PM
ok you know what sir.... we finish this conversation. If you want know what ipac i work you can look in global email..... your last txt was very offensive to me. Have good day

Don't get offended because you came in here looking like a soup sandwich and we asked you to fix yourself. That sums it up, with a little Marine humor thrown in. You want to be a Marine, then act like one. High School texting type doesn't go over very well here. Try a little proper spelling and grammar, just try -- or download a google toolbar and that will do the dirty work for you.

My point is -- the more professional you look the more professional you will be treated. Good luck, clean up your act.

Petz
08-27-09, 07:38 PM
yeah, I want to know WHERE your IPAC is located... this is a simple question. I'll write it like you.

Where IPAC at on base?

so then assuming you can't answer that I'll ask which company in boot camp you were in... I see the platoon number but I don't see a graduation date either or any other information... I can be friends with a Marine and find a few things out about them too...

Sergeant M
08-27-09, 07:51 PM
It's obvious that he's not a Marine. He's probably not even American.

usmcspitfire
08-27-09, 08:14 PM
He is Marine and he does work at IPAC at H&S Bn., Camp Pendleton.

Zulu 36
08-27-09, 08:21 PM
Dead man walking!

Petz
08-27-09, 10:05 PM
yeah, I can use MOL too... but his information he's giving doesn't verify anything except that he talked to a Marine.... it what fakers do... listen and take notes.

if he can't tell me what area IPAC is in on pendleton then I don't think he's been there.

I mean really... a LCpl afraid to ask a question to his Admin NCOs because they're busy... Sir, this smells funny.

All I want is for him to tell me which area it is... maybe his boot camp company... that's it.

if he does that then I'll tell him to read the site rules and all will be good.

usmcspitfire
08-27-09, 10:15 PM
yeah, I can use MOL too... but his information he's giving doesn't verify anything except that he talked to a Marine.... it what fakers do... listen and take notes.

if he can't tell me what area IPAC is in on pendleton then I don't think he's been there.

I mean really... a LCpl afraid to ask a question to his Admin NCOs because they're busy... Sir, this smells funny.

All I want is for him to tell me which area it is... maybe his boot camp company... that's it.

if he does that then I'll tell him to read the site rules and all will be good.

We could just call him when he is on duty and whether or not the LCpl speaks like his online entity types, then we will know if this guy is the real deal. :D

Petz
08-27-09, 10:27 PM
that requires work sir... my fingers hurt enough typing as much as I do.... I don't think I can handle 10 more buttons! :D

echo3oscar1833
08-27-09, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a fraud to me, If he worked in admin. Then I would assume he already knows the answer to his question. Hell I know the question, and I don't even have a good cookie. Its simple if you serve three consecutive years you get it, any broken time in service well sorry bout your luck but you dont get it. If he knew anything, or was curious about it he would have asked his question to one of his NCO's. Seems like a clear cut case to me. SF:D

telly141
09-01-09, 02:29 PM
I'm in the 14 area on base. IPAC Customer Service Center. I am learning to speak english correctly because it is my second language. I run awards and anything else that the base needs, and i'll tell you right now that I hardley have corrections on my diaries because i'm sure to proof read my transactions. I understand that there are probably a few marines here who could help me, but i would like to find my answer without having to ask any of them. We don't have any Cpl's in my section. If you don't want to help me out than don't, but please don't disrespect me. I may be a junior marine but i am trying as hard as i can to get up to speed on my english and my knowledge. Thank you.

telly141
09-01-09, 02:33 PM
If you have any questions about me speak to LCpl Becker at 763 0718. thank you

Petz
09-01-09, 02:37 PM
this post is a major improvement, good job. I don't feel I was disrespecting you, you didn't follow the site rules.

On to your question, I would say NO it doesn't count towards the Marine Corps good conduct medal. The requirements is not just of AD service but of AD service in the USMC.

each service has their own for a reason, if you rated the Army GC then I believe you rate wearing it in your MC uniform. Though I am sure some aren't authorized. This is something your Admin shop will help you with. So we come round-robin to, Ask the Sgts in your shop, you Plt Sgt's job is to answer these questions for you. It'd be a shame to have figure these questions out for you.

EDIT: what's with the double posts? You being a junior Marine has nothing to do with it. I checked on you in MOL and your post confirms it. Semper Fi.

telly141
09-01-09, 02:40 PM
Thank you for answering my question. As I stated before I wanted to try finding the answer through someone else besides my Sgt. We have one, and he is gone most of the time. Thank you

Petz
09-01-09, 02:42 PM
it IS your Plt Sgt's job to answer your admin questions. Use him, put him to work.

telly141
09-01-09, 02:43 PM
The double posts was an accident. My friend is helping me type this since I have a hard time translating. She understands what I am trying to say. But thank you again. And i'm sorry I can not spell or write correctly, but as I said before, I am learning. Slowly but surely. There's only so many courses I can take at a time.

Petz
09-01-09, 02:46 PM
true, what did you score on the TOEFL?

I'd also suggest that you read as many books as you can, my wife says it's the best way for her (Japanese). I've found it works for me as well (learning Japanese). I've got childrens books, but I'd guess you'd be ok with more adult books.

telly141
09-01-09, 02:50 PM
He is not here right now but when he gets back i'll have him give you his score. He uses some of us as translators to help explain what he is trying to say. What rules did he break?

Petz
09-01-09, 02:55 PM
proper grammar and spelling. that's why the other Marines pounced. we get a lot of posers coming to this site.

telly141
09-01-09, 02:57 PM
i did not take any test, because it is not necessary to take to come to the united states. It is that the test to see if you get bonus pay for speaking another language?

telly141
09-01-09, 03:00 PM
oh alright. You have to be a little understanding that not all marines are scholars. There are many marines that we deal with on a daily bases who do not speak proper english.

Supersquishy
09-01-09, 03:03 PM
i did not take any test, because it is not necessary to take to come to the united states. It is that the test to see if you get bonus pay for speaking another language?
sorry bro but there is a million biliguists in the Spanish/English language, the extra pay are for those that can speak other languages such as Russian, Chinese, Korean, Arabic etc. etc.

Petz
09-01-09, 03:07 PM
@ telly I understand, I've worked with a couple.

I meant to be more specific with the TOEFL question. If you're going to school you'll probably need to take it. It'll gauge where you are with English and set you up for either ESL or English 101. ESL don't count as credits but they will be important to excelling.

samthomas
09-01-09, 03:27 PM
i was in us army before. And i could transfer my time there to my new militar status (currently i am usmc)

I am learning to speak english correctly because it is my second language...i am trying as hard as i can to get up to speed on my english and my knowledge.

No offense intended, but how long have you been working on improving your English language skills? It would seem that your time in the Army and now the Marines would be enough that you wouldn't need a translator helping you with a discussion board.

Zulu 36
09-01-09, 04:30 PM
No offense intended, but how long have you been working on improving your English language skills? It would seem that your time in the Army and now the Marines would be enough that you wouldn't need a translator helping you with a discussion board.

Well, everyone learns at different rates, but my ex-wife came here from Cuba at 10-years old speaking no English. When I first met her she was 19 and I thought she was a native English speaker - no Spanish accent at all and an excellent vocabulary. Her English writing and reading were equally skilled. I found her English skills equaled or exceeded most Americans I knew. They still do.

samthomas
09-01-09, 04:52 PM
That is true, and I wouldn’t criticize him for working at improving his language skills. I would wonder about the level of service he is able to provide, when he needs help to post to a discussion board.

TTX
09-01-09, 06:51 PM
Come on guys, you're all dropping nukes on this LCpl.

telly141
09-02-09, 12:16 PM
Two and a half years samthomas.

telly141
09-02-09, 12:19 PM
When i can't get my point across to Marine i am helping or i can't understand what they are telling me, i will ask for help. But for the most part i can get my point across. But as you all know, my grammar isn't the best.

Petz
09-02-09, 01:15 PM
I'm sure you're working on the grammar issue. Everything is relative, just try to be the best at whatever you do and you'll go places.

itzs4m
10-05-09, 12:49 PM
i can vouche for him... he was in the same company as me when we graduated. i was in platoon 2048 2nd bat g company. during the first week i was switched to platoon 2054. zavala has a thick hispanic accent, that's all i remembered.

telly141
10-06-09, 06:28 PM
i can vouche for him... he was in the same company as me when we graduated. i was in platoon 2048 2nd bat g company. during the first week i was switched to platoon 2054. zavala has a thick hispanic accent, that's all i remembered.

hello how are you??? can i know more about you????