PDA

View Full Version : Mecepers and pilots help

iGrunt
08-26-09, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone I'm new to the forums so I suppose I'll start off with a breif introduction. My name is Josh, I am currently enlisted and am a Cpl(E4) I am going to try and mecep to become an officer. My goal down the road is to become a fighter pilot for Navy or Marine corps.

My question is that if I succeed in getting accepted into mecep will there still be a good chance of getting into a fighter pilots mos. I am 25 years old and to late for this years mecep applicants. So i'll be 26 this November and applying for mecep next year. I will have my package in by age 26 but by the time I actually enter the program I will be 27(birthdays are November). Will I need a waiver?

If I get accepted into mecep I want to become a fighter pilot but is there an age limit there too? If so does anyone know it? Is there a waiver for that also. I'm trying to figure out if I can really get what I want or if I'm just enlitsting for 10 more years for no reason. If I can't become a pilot I don't want to reenlist, so IDE really appreciate some past mecepers help or fighter pilots advice.

Thanks for the help! I've read the MCO 1560.15L and the MARADMIN..

dROD20
03-25-10, 01:15 AM
did you ever get any feedback on this issue? im kind of in the same boat...