PDA

View Full Version : what are the requirements???

linebacker
08-26-09, 05:59 PM
hey guys,
im a freshman in high school and all i want to do is be a marine. however, because of special physical circumstances in my younger child hood, i'm never going to get very big. so what im asking is what are the physical size requirements? (height, weight, etc.) thanks for helping out.

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 06:06 PM
So you're a midget linbacker? You posted on the wrong forum, and you need to fill out your profile before any questions are answered.

linebacker
08-26-09, 06:12 PM
not midget. i just wont get any bigger than i am cause of prepubescent puberty (8) and the endocrinologist not giving me the hormone depressant soon enough. sorry, i just got this so i can find the answers to some questions i have about the corp and i dont know where to post or anything :p

usmcdanno
08-26-09, 07:16 PM
64 inches and 110lbs there studmuffin. Theoretically you could obtain a waiver, but those are few and far between these days. How tall are you, and how much do you weigh? If you're not 5'4", or even that height, will make your challenge in the Corps much greater. Good luck and watch the movie "Rudy".

Gunny Dan sends.............

linebacker
08-26-09, 07:21 PM
i did watch that movie, it was quite good. i am 5'3 one-fourth right now and 120 lbs, hopefully ill be able to grow that extra three quarters of an inch. would being fluent in arabic get me a waiver if i didnt grow that little bit more?

thedrifter
08-26-09, 07:27 PM
The education sure want down the tubes since I taught in Philly...

You might want to read the Stickys in the Poolee Hall;)

Sgt Leprechaun
08-27-09, 12:43 AM
Your grammar, in other words, is atrocious. Fix it.

Next, a waiver is unlikely at this time.

If Gunny C wanders in he might be able to provide further assistance, but other than that, I believe that's going to be it.

RockingRobin69
08-27-09, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure what the height requirement is so I cannot comment on that. Weight? Sure can. I wrestled 105 as a senior & as soon as I hit San Diego, they put me on double rations. It works. I graduated weighing between 145-150 lbs. My son graduated in late February & they put him on double rations as well. Worked for him. Start working out now & that includes running & I mean miles. :flag:

Robin...

WKranz
08-27-09, 11:23 AM
Dunno if he got a waiver or not but there is a Marine who is 5'1" in my platoon.

Petz
08-27-09, 11:57 AM
just so you know... the quarter inch doesn't count.... hell, if you don't stand just right at meps you might get mis-read and they don't double check, nor do they care about you saying anything about it.

if you're squeaking by I'd be ready for some hoops you'll need to jump through... but I'd take GyC 's advice over most of everyone elses in this thread... unless MarineCID comes through. Both are currently Recruiters.