PDA

View Full Version : after bootcamp

PooleeParfitt
08-25-09, 08:29 PM
What is the schedule like after bootcamp? I signed up for infantry and am currently working out long and hard to score perfect on PFT so i can live out my dream as a designated marksmen. After I graduate, how long will I have before I get sent off to infantry school? Secondly I leave for bootcamp december 7th exactly one month before my 21st birthday, does the corps let recruits leave for christmas? im not worried about being in bootcamp on my birthday but i have heard several different yes and no's about leaving for christmas.

Thank you for your time.

dizark
08-25-09, 09:40 PM
As far as I know, you're in boot camp for the Christmas holiday. The normal plan after boot camp is 10 days of boot leave, and then you go to ITB ( Infantry Training Battallion) for 2 months I believe. Sometimes recruits are given more time after bootcamp on top of their 10 days for RA (recruiters assistance).

Lisa 23
08-25-09, 09:42 PM
No, the Marine Corps will not be letting you go home for Christmas, and not for New Years either. :evilgrin:
You go to MCRD to train to become a Marine, not celebrate the holidays.

PooleeParfitt
08-25-09, 10:05 PM
oh okay, i have a friend that is in the army and she said that she got to leave bootcamp and celebrate christmas with her family, of course she was in the ARMY!!

of course no disrespect to the army, i value everything they do to help the war on terrorism along with the airforce and navy.