PDA

View Full Version : Marine Gone bad.

The Limey
08-25-09, 10:57 AM
Fellas I've cut and pasted this from another site. This guy brings Karate into disrepute and the USMC. He needs dealing with, <br />
Over to you&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <br />
<br />
&quot;Thought I'd post this video <br />
Its a video in which a...

The Limey
08-25-09, 04:42 PM
To add. <br />
In a shocking discovery, this brutal and graphic video has just not been posted to the internet. It is a video supposedly taken from December of 1984 in which Bobby J Blythe, a karate...

Zulu 36
08-25-09, 06:28 PM
Evidently, there is already an investigation under way involving several agencies including the FBI and Marine Corps. The last information I saw, it was not known if there was any body found or any...

Sergeant M
08-25-09, 06:38 PM
The guy had a 10th degree red belt given to him from God. I would be pretty intimidated myself. Kill!

StoneTheWeak
08-25-09, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't even title this Marine gone bad. Marines don't do this kinda ****, he obviously managed to just slip through the cracks and make it through no different than before he came in.

Petz
08-25-09, 11:01 PM
huh? what does that statement mean STW?

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 09:20 AM
huh? what does that statement mean STW?

It means that any hooligan who would beat a mentally handicapped man like that doesn't deserve the title.

samthomas
08-26-09, 10:24 AM
Horrible video, and if it is legitimate, it seems to indicate murder. Why would someone be stupid enough to keep that video?<O:p</O:p

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 11:23 AM
Horrible video, and if it is legitimate, it seems to indicate murder. Why would someone be stupid enough to keep that video?<o>:p</o>:p

Some people in this world think its edgy and cool to make entertainment out of the suffering of others. Apparently this "former Marine" thought there was honor, courage, and commitment in having his pupil senselessly beat a mentally handicapped person.

And the reason I say that, because if you read his statement that he provides, he says

"Semper Fi to all my Marine brothers. The karate student in the white is also a Marine Sgt. and a brand new Black Belt. Never get stupid with a Marine, you could get jacked up and have your clock stopped."

http://digg.com/world_news/Instructor_Bobby_Joe_Blythe_Films_Murder

He pulled the video from youtube, but not before people could copy and paste his words, and save the video. Apparently this dummy actually posted it himself.

SgtThrasher
08-26-09, 03:53 PM
The homeless guy actually appeared to have some training and possessed good form ,but was over his head in this fight.
The video resembled a snuff movie as no one stopped the beat down.I guess the tap-out rule didn't apply!

Petz
08-26-09, 04:46 PM
one, there's nothing that says the guy dies. two... this takes place in the early 80's every mo-fo "knows" karate. Three, the guy probably insulted the crap out of their style and infuriated this guy who knocked him out... sure the stomp was uncalled for. Four, I bet they took him to the hospital and dropped him off or called the ambulance to take him.... if they say they fought out back then there isn't a claim on his insurance.

Drafter
08-26-09, 05:13 PM
........ of course it's wrong. It counterdicts the principles taught to Marines and in Karate; not to mention the obvious part about acting like a human being. Why would anyone think different?

Petz
08-26-09, 05:28 PM
'cause they're ****ed.....

it's called blind rage.

mjhpgh
08-26-09, 05:32 PM
I searched snopes ,they have nothing on this.I also copied and pasted it to their page to report stuff for them to check out.

Zulu 36
08-26-09, 05:40 PM
There have been news reports out on this incident from Fresno, CA area media. However, very little is known other than the video. The FBI is supposedly investigating along with the Marine Corps and Virginia authorities.

Evidently they are not even certain at this stage if the video was a real beat down, or just a put-on.

Judging by the lack of media coverage, I'd say the media is sufficiently concerned the video may be a put-on and is waiting for the cops to dig into it a little more before they make fools of themselves again over another hoax video. The Fresno media put enough "We're not sure how real this" into their reporting to cover their journalistic butts.

I have some other opinions on this, but I'm also going to keep them quiet for now until the cops dig a little more.

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 05:41 PM
It means that any hooligan who would beat a mentally handicapped man like that doesn't deserve the title.

Why is it that everyone is so quick to take the title from people? My MCT instructor went to the brig for killing civilians in Iraq even though he didn't do it maliciously. That homeless guy wasn't cowering in fear, he knew what he was doing. Once you get adrenaline in your system, and have people watching, you tend to take things a little too far. The video should have never been posted on youtube.

Petz
08-26-09, 06:39 PM
besides... there are people who do much worse while being on active duty... I'd say the OP and STW don't read MC Times much... I'm always seeing AD Marines killing other Marines...

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 06:44 PM
killing on purpose or accidental friendly fire while in combat?

Petz
08-26-09, 07:14 PM
like sick bastards killing their Sgt and raping his wife and trying to make it look like a robbery.... stupid kids named sikes going home to kill a guy who was involved in a love triangle...

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 07:30 PM
Why is it that everyone is so quick to take the title from people?

cause when they do things like this, it gives the rest of us who don't beat up the mentally challenged a bad image. "Look, there's a Marine, I saw they beat up homeless mentally challenged people on YouTube once." Then someone gasp's and forms an opinion that they shouldn't.

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 07:58 PM
Well I assume you've been in long enough to realize that Marines do stupid **** all the time. Of course it gives us a bad image, but we're still human and do stupid ****, even if we don't want the public to know that.

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 08:02 PM
Well I assume you've been in long enough to realize that Marines do stupid **** all the time. Of course it gives us a bad image, but we're still human and do stupid ****, even if we don't want the public to know that.

Stupid is guys in Arty running from gun to gun with nothing but a kevlar, a poncho around their neck, and combat boots on.

Killing a Sgt and raping his wife, getting jealous and killing a man over being in love with the woman he is married to, beating the mentally challenged. That's not stupid ****. It's something else entirely.

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 08:07 PM
Well, it seems that the Marine Corps tends to attract the partially insane. Just look at half the posts on this site and you'll find this to be true.

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 08:22 PM
Well, it seems that the Marine Corps tends to attract the partially insane. Just look at half the posts on this site and you'll find this to be true.

hahahaha, I signed the damn contract, I know I'm insane. Bat **** crazy. You need to be crazy, dumb, or both to be one of sams misguided children.

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 08:25 PM
Which is why occasionally Marines snap and do crazy ****. Chuck dogs off cliffs, beat up hobos, etc.

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 08:27 PM
My highlight so far was a year ago during bootcamp when I dropped the pugil stick and started hitting the kid, but you know what they say, it's those quiet ones you gotta worry about.

Petz
08-26-09, 08:29 PM
STW, are you assuming the guy was killed and that he was mentally handicapped?

how from the statement were you able to divine that? he looked like a normal guy... he said jesus was his master, sounds normal to me.

you are jumping to conclusions about this guy.... if the cops didn't arrest him for having a body in the back then he's not guilty of murder, and who said the guy didn't drag himself into the dumpster and that's where the cops found him?

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 08:40 PM
Well regardless SSgt the guy got a beating he will never forget. We're all trained that in combat with stomp the enemy's head as soon as we get a chance, and perhaps it was just reflex what the black belt was doing, but it would be considered excessive force by most people. I've seen guys get worse beatings than that and still live, but I've also heard of people dying from less. I think the biggest mistake made was to post this video on the internet. You don't bring a video camera to your bachelor party do you? We all do stuff that is regrettable, but we don't all post the videos on the internet.

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 08:43 PM
Well regardless SSgt the guy got a beating he will never forget. We're all trained that in combat with stomp the enemy's head as soon as we get a chance, and perhaps it was just reflex what the black belt was doing, but it would be considered excessive force by most people. I've seen guys get worse beatings than that and still live, but I've also heard of people dying from less. I think the biggest mistake made was to post this video on the internet. You don't bring a video camera to your bachelor party do you? We all do stuff that is regrettable, but we don't all post the videos on the internet.

Most of us don't, youtube is testament to the kind of ridiculous **** people will do and show to others.

Sergeant M
08-26-09, 08:55 PM
I think SSgt Petzold got quiet because he's trying to find that old tape from the bachelor party to destroy it.

Petz
08-26-09, 09:00 PM
hehe... shooosh!

anyways, I was massaging the pregnant one.

Wyoming
08-26-09, 09:07 PM

HEY, I resemble that remark!

Petz
08-26-09, 09:08 PM
you do an excellent job at resembling that mark Al... keep it up.

Wyoming
08-26-09, 09:24 PM
you do an excellent job at resembling that mark Al... keep it up.

hahahaha, the post ho has spoke. :D

mjhpgh
08-27-09, 03:17 PM
hahahaha, the post ho has spoke. :D

A Ho gets paid ,a slut does it for free.

Petz
08-27-09, 03:20 PM
nice... gang up on petzold....

ridingcrops
08-28-09, 09:17 PM
You kow this kind of thing bothers me. When I lived in Denver I knew an ex Army guy. This guy in the 80s was still messed up in the mind from being in country when I was. He never forgot about Nam and he was a heavy drinker and a lot of mouth but everyone knew he was just that and the booze did the talking. Other than mouth he was nothing but a poor guy who needed serious mental help he never got. Well a couple of these "new" Marine would frequent the same bar and decided to jump this guy in the parking lot one night. A poor soul who had mental problems and they beat the crap out of him for no reason. the poor guy was in the hosptal for weeks and for a while it was touch and go for him. When he got out he was still mental but now has physical problems to go along with it and bad eyes to boot.
When I happened across these "brave" Marines I had a few words with them about the incident. Of course they now were full of themselves and decided to try something like that with me. At the time I was always packed and I had a little surprise for them. I instructed them that they should watch who and when they do things like that and that not all Viet vets had those type of problems but some of us had problems not popping a cap on some other people. They were never seen again.
Sort of like the "brave" soul throwing the puppy off the cliff. Not much of a mna if you ask me.
And I sometimes see Marines doing things like this and it really disturbes me. Sort of like the movie "A Few Good Men" When the corporal says we are there to protect those who need it. Anyone who has been in the **** knows we do things that we would never do in the World or be expected to do but I always thought Marines had a code to live by. At least I did and the proud Marines I served with did. Men of honor know when to draw the line and when to live by their code both as a Marine and as a man.

mcvet57103
08-28-09, 09:22 PM
A Ho gets paid ,a slut does it for free.I am such a slut.Jeeese Louiseeeeeeeeeee :(

08-28-09, 09:29 PM
You kow this kind of thing bothers me. When I lived in Denver I knew an ex Army guy. This guy in the 80s was still messed up in the mind from being in country when I was. He never forgot about Nam and he was a heavy drinker and a lot of mouth but everyone knew he was just that and the booze did the talking. Other than mouth he was nothing but a poor guy who needed serious mental help he never got. Well a couple of these "new" Marine would frequent the same bar and decided to jump this guy in the parking lot one night. A poor soul who had mental problems and they beat the crap out of him for no reason. the poor guy was in the hosptal for weeks and for a while it was touch and go for him. When he got out he was still mental but now has physical problems to go along with it and bad eyes to boot.
When I happened across these "brave" Marines I had a few words with them about the incident. Of course they now were full of themselves and decided to try something like that with me. At the time I was always packed and I had a little surprise for them. I instructed them that they should watch who and when they do things like that and that not all Viet vets had those type of problems but some of us had problems not popping a cap on some other people. They were never seen again.
Sort of like the "brave" soul throwing the puppy off the cliff. Not much of a mna if you ask me.
And I sometimes see Marines doing things like this and it really disturbes me. Sort of like the movie "A Few Good Men" When the corporal says we are there to protect those who need it. Anyone who has been in the **** knows we do things that we would never do in the World or be expected to do but I always thought Marines had a code to live by. At least I did and the proud Marines I served with did. Men of honor know when to draw the line and when to live by their code both as a Marine and as a man.

Exactly. :thumbup:

Parker-0321
09-02-09, 02:05 AM
Here's a follow up on the Bobby J Blythe story- <br />
<br />
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/30/AR2009083002251.html?hpid=moreheadlines <br />
<br />
The guy was not killed, he was only...

The Limey
09-02-09, 05:39 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. ( I think )

Supersquishy
09-02-09, 06:27 AM
Myth Busted!

SgtSostand
09-28-10, 08:10 AM
He should have stop when the guy gave in but he kept going no sport

usmc3521
09-28-10, 10:04 AM
karate is such a joke. Ill bet money on a street fighter any day of the week against any degree black belt.

The DUKE
09-28-10, 11:06 AM
Well boys I for one have got to say this was a serious disappointment to me with respect to the ignorant morons dishing out a beatring to someone who was clear from the start at least a half a bubble off plumb.
And for that much I gotta say I am definately the living proof that
"ONE BAD APPLE DOES NOT SPOIL THE WHOLE BUNCH!"
We do have a code of honor, and those of us who betray it without just cause are not one of us, period.
I could fogive this kind of thing in certain situations,(the man who raped your wife or daughter,the guy who killed your dog, slapped your kid)
but if this pinhead did this because he was embarassed due to having taken a hit or two from this crazy person,
get a grip bro,
your not going to kick everyones azz so dont waste your time with ego,
besides I thought all this kung foo stuff was supposed to teach you not to be so overtly touchy about such things.