PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe Marine General

Sparrowhawk
08-05-03, 04:03 PM
I hate wannabees, but why would anyone wanta be a general when he could pretend to be a grunt? <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
'Marine General' Held After Loaded Gun Found <br />
<br />
Uniformed man seeks a weapons permit at the...

thedrifter
08-05-03, 04:30 PM
Cook if this idiot impersonates a 2 star MARINE General, what did you expect from him.......

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Devildogg4ever
08-05-03, 04:39 PM
These kind of Freaks are getting very annoying!
To pretend to be a Marine is totally unexceptable, should be 2 year prison sentence!
To pretend to be a Marine Officer should be a 5 year prison sentence!
But to pretend to be a Marine General is asking for death! They should get 5 to 10 years prison sentence, ...
hanging by their nads!!!

firstsgtmike
08-05-03, 04:50 PM
I wonder how long he had been getting away with it.

08-05-03, 06:06 PM
To (2) {too} DAMN long!!

Steve

GunsUp
08-05-03, 06:08 PM
I don't know but I sure know a lot of officers who should be charged with impersonating one... Seriously, he should be publicly humiliated or forced to do community service in a veterans home or...

top1371
08-05-03, 10:02 PM
The funny thing is that he really didnt get anything out of the impersonating that he has been doing. He sure wasnt getting the pay :D

I think he is just a whack job... lots of them out here...

I was at my fishing hole the other day.. there was a guy talking to some younger folk... he says "I know I look like a retired state trooper, but I'm not.... I just look like one..." whatever dude! What's a retired state trooper supposed to look like???

Sgt Sostand
08-05-03, 11:44 PM
what a dumb a$$

ctf76n665
08-06-03, 01:14 AM
what a fool.... though i have noticed whenever you indentify yourself as being a marine people all over suddenly were in the marines, or being that I work on a navy base now say that "oh I could have done that but............"

mrbsox
08-06-03, 08:04 AM
&quot;.... though i have noticed whenever you indentify yourself as being a marine people all over suddenly were in the marines&quot; <br />
<br />
I've run into a few of those. <br />
<br />
'Got an Honorable Discharge from boot...

USMC-FO
08-06-03, 08:52 AM
I agree with "Guns Up" Copmmunity service at a Vets home or hospital would be in order.

It is obvious too that this fellow lived in his own dream world. I suppose it is one thing to live life as a "wannabe" but you'd think if you were going to do it you NOT put yourself out as a General as that would be just to easy to reveal as true or not true particularly in our small universe.

Thankfully we're all free to be as stupid as we wish. Sort of a play on the army "Be all that you can be"....in this case REALLY dumb !

0811IraqVet
08-06-03, 12:25 PM
They should put him in a hot LZ or in a situation that warrants those type of awards he was wearing and then if he makes it out, then ask him if it was worth all that just to wear those awards. He needs to understand the true meaning of earning them and it's allot more than just the medal, it's what it behind it and all the peoples lives that it took to acheive them. For those of you who served and earned your combat awards the right way, Thank you!!! You will forever be respected more than you will ever know!
Semper Fi!

btrogu
08-06-03, 05:53 PM
You should see this guy I work with. He owns more rifles and handguns than most gun stores. Has better NVG'S than I used, and has every camo pattern there is. Today he comes in wearing his 3-color desert pattern goretex jacket when it was 75 degrees in the morning. He even has the new digital cammies he got from the flea market. I was gonna tell him he's wearing his Marine cover wrong, but hey, I earned the right to wear it.

richgitz
08-06-03, 07:20 PM
In todays world MACHO is everthing. This guy should be put in a loony bin, and throw away the key. Good thing he wasn't trying
to pass as a 1371, with a couple a hundred pounds of C-4. every-
one would have gotten a bang out of it. People today are really
something. "GET A LIFE":banana: