PDA

View Full Version : Military Police

Jvasquez
08-24-09, 03:08 AM
Hello Marines
I have a question about Becoming an Mp I always wanted to be an Mp but I was too short and I could not get that Mos so instead I got AF. I don"t Mind Honestly I mean if the Corps needs me there I aint complaining.
But i was wondering since I'm five ft 2 is there any possible way Maybe after My 4 years are up can i Lat move my mos to Mp and get that Waiver and What do I need to get that waiver? Should i even do this?

GREY MATTER
08-24-09, 03:54 AM
AF???

and the Marine Corps doesn't have MPs...we have PMO

Jvasquez
08-24-09, 04:32 AM
Af means Avation Mechanic 6100 6200 6300.
And i did not know They where called PMO could you please tell me what that stands for?

GREY MATTER
08-24-09, 04:56 AM
Af means Avation Mechanic 6100 6200 6300.
And i did not know They where called PMO could you please tell me what that stands for?

i am an aircraft mechanic and had no idea what AF stood for...lol unless you are referring to airframes...but they are AM or AMS...and i am an AD

PMO stand for Provost Marshal Office (i think...lol) the P.M. is correct, just not so sure about the O

Hodgesml
08-24-09, 06:03 AM
You are correct on the P.M.O. but the Marines Corps does have M.P's, P.M.O. is the main building where your C.O. or your Provost Marshal is located at. As for the LAT move after 4 years do your 4 then worry about it. I dont see why you cant get MP now if that's what you want. We had MP's all over the place that i know weren't any taller than that.

Jvasquez
08-24-09, 11:21 AM
Thank You, and af was the code that my recruiter gave me when i signed up for my mos. I guess the code is something the recruiters just use or something.

Fubar5812
08-25-09, 02:06 AM
we most definitely have military police grey matter...at least thats what everyone calls me. there's two sides to the MP field the field side and garrison (PMO) side.

we had a SGT that lat moved in my MP class that was 5,0....i have no idea how he got accepted...got a few Marines in the department here that definitely do not meet the height requirement.

GREY MATTER
08-25-09, 02:27 AM
we most definitely have military police grey matter...at least thats what everyone calls me. there's two sides to the MP field the field side and garrison (PMO) side.

we had a SGT that lat moved in my MP class that was 5,0....i have no idea how he got accepted...got a few Marines in the department here that definitely do not meet the height requirement.

that makes sense i guess, cause im on miramar..and when we go to battle its on an airfield so there isnt any marine security forces others than our own squadron providing it as a FAP, but its usually handled by airforce security forces.

and when i was on okinawa i was also on an airforce base (kadena)

Fubar5812
08-26-09, 04:01 AM
well i read something in the Marine Corps times last month about how they want to give forward deployable airwings there own field MP units...which i think is a great idea!

GREY MATTER
08-26-09, 04:03 AM
well i read something in the Marine Corps times last month about how they want to give forward deployable airwings there own field MP units...which i think is a great idea!

i too think that is a great idea