PDA

View Full Version : Lance Corporal after Boot Camp?

packvip
08-22-09, 01:00 PM
Hi fellas. A couple of days ago my recruiter mentioned that if I have enough college credit hours, I could make Lance Corporal by the end of boot camp. Is this true? On the Poolee forum, a thread mentioned making PFC... but nothing about this. Was my recruiter mistaken?

dizark
08-22-09, 01:12 PM
Nope, you can go to bootcamp as a Contract PFC from college credits, or referrals, but not LCpl. You could be meritoriously promoted to LCpl out of boot if you were the hot stuff in everything you did and then some. If you come home on boot leave and get 2 people to enlist in the Marine Corps, you can be promoted to LCpl, otherwise, if you're a contract PFC, you'd wait 9 months TIG to be promoted, like me.

Petz
08-22-09, 01:16 PM
yes, you could make LCpl, you just need to be the honor grad... there's only one per Plt... which means you got to be the Plts best recruit.

Lisa 23
08-22-09, 01:48 PM
Hi fellas. A couple of days ago my recruiter mentioned that if I have enough college credit hours, I could make Lance Corporal by the end of boot camp. Is this true? On the Poolee forum, a thread mentioned making PFC... but nothing about this. Was my recruiter mistaken?

How about saying "Hi Marines", not fellas.

packvip
08-22-09, 02:22 PM
Sorry, no disrepect intended LASWMarine, I should know better than that. Thank you for the information Marines!

Btw, I'm signing up next month! First tiny step towards earning the Title!

Lupo22
08-22-09, 02:32 PM
Ssgt just because ur honor grad doesn't mean u make lcpl. Ud have to be iron man 300pft, company high shooter, and a swim qual 2 and still impress ur DIs to get it!! no one in our company got it. Best bet is recruit two people after boot camp

Petz
08-22-09, 02:35 PM
um, if you go in as a contract PFC because of college credits and you are picked honor grad for whatever reason then you get a meritorious promotion to the next rank... our guide was a contract PFC but our SDI didn't want him to be honor grad and leave a LCpl, we picked a sh!t-hot guy who was stellar....

he wasn't contract PFC so he graduated as such... PFC.

our SDI thought no one should leave bootcamp a LCpl...

dizark
08-22-09, 02:50 PM
We had one guy leave a LCpl, and while he was guide/honor grad, he had served like 5 or 6 years in the Army, so he was good at PT and such (think he ran a 3 mile in 16 minutes).

Lupo22
08-22-09, 04:07 PM
um, if you go in as a contract PFC because of college credits and you are picked honor grad for whatever reason then you get a meritorious promotion to the next rank... our guide was a contract PFC but our SDI didn't want him to be honor grad and leave a LCpl, we picked a sh!t-hot guy who was stellar....

he wasn't contract PFC so he graduated as such... PFC.

our SDI thought no one should leave bootcamp a LCpl...

Maybe thats how it went when you went through SSgt? idk but our honor grad was a contract PFC and he didn't get LCpl...he was somewhat hot **** too...288 pft, high expert rifle, swim qual 2 and like a 4.9 pro/con. He got me on the swim qual otherwise I think statisically I coulda had a shot with a 278 pft, platoon high rifle and a 4.8 pro/con...oh well, he deserved it

Petz
08-22-09, 04:28 PM
yeah rules change... but if he was contract PFC then he should have gotten a promotion... doesn't matter. I don't care that much.

BR34
08-22-09, 09:05 PM
If you really want to leave boot camp a LCpl the path is simple.

Go to MRP for 9 months.

Lupo22
08-22-09, 09:37 PM
If you really want to leave boot camp a LCpl the path is simple.

Go to MRP for 9 months.

LOL...we had a guide for a while that was pretty bad ass...like really bad ass actually. He had 5 or 6 DIs tryin to rip the guide out of his hands, screaming at him and he held his ground and wouldn't give it up. Our SDI came and shoo'd em all off and gave him a Gatorade for it. He got dropped though for a back problem, otherwise we were told he woulda been a LCpl.

rufio14
08-23-09, 04:14 PM
I thought it was only the Company Honorman who got promoted to LCpl IF he was already a contract PFC..so you'd have to be the best guide out of the whole compnany.

BR34
08-23-09, 05:38 PM
That's the way it was when I went through.

TJKUSMC
08-24-09, 12:54 AM
If I remember correctly only one person can be awarded LCpl. in the entire company. That person had to already be a contract PFC and had to be the honor guide of the company...I remember when I went through all the guides had to go on a board towards the end of boot camp in order to see which person would be promoted to Lcpl. Being the Company iron man doesn't mean anything..my best friend growing up was the company iron man and didn't even get PFC.

POA
01-13-16, 12:00 AM
I understand this thread is as old as the barbers in boot camp, but I'd just like to say that 3 of the guides in our company (Golf) were promoted to Lance Corporal.

Rocky C
01-13-16, 07:45 AM
You got that right.