PDA

View Full Version : clearing re code

FMstr8JACKET
08-22-09, 10:05 AM
hi, i left for boot in 06 and during the course i had achillies issues (which are fine) but while i was away 2 close family (not immediate) passed. also had what they classified as an anxiety or panic attack. which i feel only came about from sitting in mrp and hearing the news about family members. that was the first and last panic attack i have had. i was sent to mhu to see why it was brought about and after telling them what happened i was given a re-3p (personality disorder) ???? at the time they asked if i wanted to stay i stated that i wanted to be a marine but family was more important at the time. how could i get this resolved recruiters have told me that i have to see a civilian doc others have told me the VA local vet station could have me see a doc at meps. what should i do?

Petz
08-22-09, 11:23 AM
NoRemorse will be along shortly....

FMstr8JACKET
08-22-09, 11:32 AM
ok ill be waiting...thks:thumbup:

Petz
08-26-09, 12:36 AM
what the deuce! he hasn't showed up!

FMstr8JACKET
08-27-09, 03:29 PM
nope im still waiting

SSgt Ramsey
08-27-09, 05:00 PM
From a former Career Planner prospective, my advice would be to go to your nearest, friendly neighborhood Marine Recruiter and lay it out for him/her.

I don't know what they're doing with prior-service now, even Marine's, but there are or were a limited number of PSEP credits divied out every quarter.

RE-3P is not a permanent code, but it can sometimes be difficult to clear up. Basically, whatever condition or whatever you had to be a Med-Sep has to be 100% cleared and resolved prior to coming back in attested by a Naval Medical Officer preferably.

This road may be long and bumpy my friend, but if you sincerely want back in and give it 100% of your dedication, you may just get what you want (back in).

Hope that helps a bit...unfortunately I was never a Recruiter and never walked that side of the fence. Once Marine's were committed to getting out or actually out, I couldn't legally or ethically do anything for them but to send them to the Prior Service Recruiter with hopefully their RE-Code paperwork and interview(s) with BIR/BTR in hand.

NoRemorse
08-27-09, 08:24 PM
Thanks to SSgt Ramsey on that one. He is completely correct; it ain't quick but it ain't impossible.