PDA

View Full Version : Drill Instructors/Boot Camp

JMarple
08-22-09, 06:26 AM
Hey Everybody, just had a real quick maybe dumb question, while your at boot camp is there anytime the drill instructors dont yell at you? like during classroom or during religious services on Sundays? Reason im asking its because i have a hard time concetrating when someones making a lot of noise and i just hope it doesn't get to me during boot camp.

Thanks

Sgt Jim
08-22-09, 08:19 AM
When your sleeping

temarti
08-22-09, 08:31 AM
The Drill Instructors are not allowed in the chapel, in the classroom there is instruction and if corrections need to be made the recruit will be taken outside. As for general knowledge, studying and retaining information, get use to noise, running, trying to accomplish multiple task within a limited time under pressure and expected to make the right decision.

You need to think about if you can concentrate when there is a lot going on around you, things will not quiet down and "timeout" so you can process the situation.

mjhpgh
08-22-09, 08:58 AM
After boot camp do you think there will not be noise when you have to concentrate ? There is noise when you have to think fast ...in combat ,on the flight line,in the MT shop ...etc etc

ameriken
08-22-09, 10:10 AM
If you will have difficulty concentrating in Boot Camp, then how are you going to concentrate during combat ?

Can your buddies put their lives in your hands during all the noise and confusion and chaos of combat or should they just hope it doesn't get to you?

Sorry, but if noise and getting yelled at is really an issue for you, then you made the wrong choice by joining the Corps.

Petz
08-22-09, 11:20 AM
this ain't burger king.

Lupo22
08-22-09, 12:00 PM
When your sleeping

Ha! Says who?? We got woken up at 0100 by our DI giving us a motivating speech on the 4th of July! It was Phase 3 so he wasn't the typical "you're maggots" DI at that point...actually a very motivating speech with some hilarious moments in it if you catch my drift :beer::beer:

As far as your DI's yelling at you: they don't always yell. Your SDI will do Corps Values with you every couple of days and he will be more laid back than normal (until some recruit refers to him or another DI improperly or says "I, me, my, mine" Then he'll snap for a moment.

You also get some time off during free-time, except the nights when your kill-hat is the DI on duty...then you get messed with quite a bit.

Classroom instructors are laid back and rarely yell at you but every time theres a break in classes, be ready to goto the pit. DIs make kill lists just for that.

Chow isn't so bad once you get out of the first two or three weeks and learn proper chow hall etiquette.

Other than that, get used to being yelled at and having to focus. Its essential that you can do so.

Juggy201
08-22-09, 05:08 PM
Our Kill hat told us a joke during 3rd phase. He then slayed the whole platoon 10 recruits at a time.

Lupo22
08-22-09, 05:10 PM
hahaha thats great! We were waiting for our buses to goto BWT one morning and while we were waiting, a short bus pulled up (like the 5 row buses we used to make fun of when we were kids) and our kill hat looks and laughs as he turns around so we can't see him laughing. it was great. such an ass when we were just recruits but turned out to be a one bad ass Marine after we earned the Title!!

JMarple
08-22-09, 05:16 PM
Thanks Marines, i know in other parts of boot camp i will be able to concetrate i know when i was in the Fire Academy we have Hose Day Run up the tower with 50 pound hose, trying to hit a roof prop with an axe push ups, 6inches, Bend and Thrust, Running 5 to 6 with full bunker gear for 12 hours, and instructors yelling in our faces to give up and quit never in those 6 months did i ever think about Quiting, but i know Boot Camp is gonna be the hardest thing i will ever go through, and like i said while i going through the Academy i always said I WILL BE A FIREFIGHTER and now i have the motivation to say I WILL BE A Marine.

I know that had nothing to do with concetrating but i just wanted to know about that during classroom work and religious services and all you Marines answered my question, Thanks Again.

Lupo22
08-22-09, 09:39 PM
Thanks Marines, i know in other parts of boot camp i will be able to concetrate i know when i was in the Fire Academy we have Hose Day Run up the tower with 50 pound hose, trying to hit a roof prop with an axe push ups, 6inches, Bend and Thrust, Running 5 to 6 with full bunker gear for 12 hours, and instructors yelling in our faces to give up and quit never in those 6 months did i ever think about Quiting, but i know Boot Camp is gonna be the hardest thing i will ever go through, and like i said while i going through the Academy i always said I WILL BE A FIREFIGHTER and now i have the motivation to say I WILL BE A Marine.

I know that had nothing to do with concetrating but i just wanted to know about that during classroom work and religious services and all you Marines answered my question, Thanks Again.

To be honest with you, if you made it through fire academy, you'll be fine in boot camp. Boot camp is a little harder because you don't go home and sleep in your own bed at night and you can't call your family or see your girl but its not that much harder physically.