PDA

View Full Version : Need a lil help

nicosia
08-21-09, 06:56 PM
I'm in a course right now, and were making training schedule matrix's. On them there is a reference code for the event, does anyone know where i could find a list of these reference codes.

Wyoming
08-21-09, 09:38 PM
I'm in a course right now, and were making training schedule matrix's. On them there is a reference code for the event, does anyone know where i could find a list of these reference codes.

Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful.

How about a prof...

Nevermind.

YutYut
08-21-09, 10:02 PM
What Big Al was about to say is how about fill out your profile, per the rules of the site, then we would be happy to try and help.

Petz
08-21-09, 10:26 PM
then after you do that you can tell us what kind of training matrixs you are making and what you are supposed to use....ITMs, METLs, unit's mission statement.... etc (I'm sure I got the acronyms for one of those wrong)....

nicosia
08-21-09, 10:53 PM
METL's, I'm basically trying to find MCO's from chow to pt, to weapons draw, ect. I asked them about Secnav m-5210.2 to use the SSIC but they said that was a no go, so if any one has any good information that would be great i have a few codes already. Sorry about the profile writing a 5 paragraph order as well so been kind of busy.

Petz
08-21-09, 10:56 PM
this is what I got from a doc on MCCDC.mil

The METL development process initially appears complicated; but through closer examination, the process is fairly straightforward. Currently, there are two documents that will assist the Marine commander in the development of his or her units Mission Essential Task List (METL). The first is MCRP 3-0A, which provides the doctrinal basis for the development of the unit METL. The second is MCO 1553.3A, which establishes the policy of the Marine Corps Unit Training Management. All elements of the Total Force Structure will adhere to these when developing, conducting, and evaluating training for wartime missions.

nicosia
08-21-09, 11:02 PM
I have both of them but to actually make a training schedual, like for example

Time...... Event ..... OIC/SNCO/NCO....... Reference code...... Place
0600........ PT........ CPL MOTO................... xxxx......... Camp Lejeune

I need the reference code part like i have pt and a couple ofthers but having hard time finding less common things.

Petz
08-21-09, 11:27 PM
honestly... I can't find anything that relates in the METL field... if you're doing a training schedule you should only have your Training required by the METL put in, then as there are "lulls" in the training you would do "ancillary" training/cut them loose for chow... or have the march over there... but in many cases ancillary training is sexual harrasment classes and other hip pocket courses...

I'm really not sure what you are trying to do..... if you're doing a training schedule for say, a FY budget then you don't need to have PT or chow as it doesn't require any cost.

see what I'm getting at.... can you be more specific as to what they are expecting of you?

what's your MOS?

nicosia
08-22-09, 09:34 AM
There expecting a daily training schedule for two weeks leading up to a live fire and movement range, as well as a bi-weekly training schedule, and orm. they want everything that is going on for the day from waking up to classes to pt, to chow ect. Im done with the schedule and everything i just cant find the reference codes. 0351