PDA

View Full Version : After SOI and so on.

evanmontella10
08-21-09, 03:38 PM
I've been wondering about what is going to happen after I get out of soi, I know its not like boot where I get the ten days leave in between but I haven't seen a time frame either where I could get an idea when I would be able to visit home if anyone could me an estimate or their personal experience it would be appreciated. I plan on going recon.

Zulu 36
08-21-09, 04:05 PM
I've been wondering about what is going to happen after I get out of soi, I know its not like boot where I get the ten days leave in between but I haven't seen a time frame either where I could get an idea when I would be able to visit home if anyone could me an estimate or their personal experience it would be appreciated. I plan on going recon.

I recommend you worry about getting through boot camp first, then SOI. Don't count on getting any time to go home after SOI then you won't be disappointed.

evanmontella10
08-21-09, 04:45 PM
Good point. I don't mind not getting any time off I really think that I'm going to love what I'm doing in a weird sense. But my friends and family ask about whats going to happen afterwards and unable to tell them so I was looking for some insight.

Lupo22
08-21-09, 04:48 PM
If you're married, I believe you get 10 days to relocate to your duty station and find a house and move in, but other than that, I've been told you go straight to your duty station and your new unit... I'll let ya know in 2 months for sure though :)