PDA

View Full Version : 7051 MOS School Question

TrappedIN29
08-21-09, 12:54 PM
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Hey i am new to this forum! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what crash/fire/rescue school is like and what to expect because my career planner isnt really giving me anything to prepare myself with.

jetdoc
08-21-09, 04:02 PM
All I remember is we called them guys "Crispy Critters".....thats all I got, sorry.

TrappedIN29
08-21-09, 05:04 PM
Its cool i am leaveing to go to the school in december just trying to see what to expect.

Petz
08-21-09, 05:33 PM
probably getting a license to drive a P-19.... and using it... so it's a decent job and you can take that into the civilian world too... airports have them too....

what's your current MOS?

GREY MATTER
08-21-09, 07:05 PM
when you get to pensacola there is a BIG chance they are going to put you in Ordnance...about 1/2 of the crash fire rescue guys get changed when they get to pensacola because the classes are so packed and the waiting list to pick up a class is usually very long. so rather than keeping you on barracks support for a year they put you in ordnance.

my IMADET mos is 7000/7051....so if you get sent to miramar im sure we'll meet

Petz
08-21-09, 07:35 PM
so the enlistment code for that must have both of those MOSs otherwise it's a breach of contract....

BR34
08-21-09, 07:47 PM
so the enlistment code for that must have both of those MOSs otherwise it's a breach of contract....

I'm sure someone just talks them into it by saying something like "You can stay here for the next 18 to 24 months and police call for a living, or we can switch you to xxxx MOS and have you in the fleet in 4 months."

Then they sign the dotted line and the Marine Corps' green ass is covered.

Petz
08-21-09, 07:51 PM
good point... but honestly.. unless they have scheduling conflicts with having a class pick-up I don't see contracts signed for these kats if they can't get a school seat relatively early on.... 7 months tops....

I'm only spaming my opinion here.

TrappedIN29
08-24-09, 07:39 AM
I am a 3533 LVS Operator. And I was told that CRF school is at Goodfellow AFB in Texas not in FL.

Petz
08-25-09, 08:37 PM
that's good to know... and semper 33!!! you guys get the LVSR yet? I bet you can't wait.

MontezumaCpl
08-25-09, 08:59 PM
I remember from a few CFR buddies, Crispy Critters, I had CFR training was I believe in Millington, TN-- NAS Memphis back in the 80s where I trained as a Aircraft Hydraulics mechanic. One of them went on to become a Firefighter. I think they did relocate the training command last I heard. I also beleive NAS Memphis was part of the base closures back in the 1990s. Anyhow good luck!!!

GREY MATTER
08-26-09, 01:57 AM
I am a 3533 LVS Operator. And I was told that CRF school is at Goodfellow AFB in Texas not in FL.

a school is/or at least was in pensacola...i dont know where c school is

StoneTheWeak
08-26-09, 09:39 AM
I left Pensacola in June, and never once did I hear about CFR being there. As far as I know, between AMS-1 and 2, there is Air Crew, Avi, ATC, Air Frame, Ordnance, AD, and EAF. I just asked someone in my class and he said that CFR is on some AFB in Texas.

You don't wanna go to Pensacola anyways. Unless you like being broke. So many things to blow your money on, and so many hot women. Basically a sweet place to be stationed at if you're single and a NCO.

TrappedIN29
08-26-09, 12:27 PM
that's good to know... and semper 33!!! you guys get the LVSR yet? I bet you can't wait.

Yep Motor T elite! And no I like the articulation I just think there taking away a good thing and they will realize it one day! Because i know i have been in some situtations where if i didnt have articulation I would have been screwed! So how do you feel about them Ssgt?

GREY MATTER
08-26-09, 03:43 PM
I left Pensacola in June, and never once did I hear about CFR being there. As far as I know, between AMS-1 and 2, there is Air Crew, Avi, ATC, Air Frame, Ordnance, AD, and EAF. I just asked someone in my class and he said that CFR is on some AFB in Texas.

You don't wanna go to Pensacola anyways. Unless you like being broke. So many things to blow your money on, and so many hot women. Basically a sweet place to be stationed at if you're single and a NCO.

im sure alot has changed since i went through

Petz
08-26-09, 04:53 PM
Yep Motor T elite! And no I like the articulation I just think there taking away a good thing and they will realize it one day! Because i know i have been in some situtations where if i didnt have articulation I would have been screwed! So how do you feel about them Ssgt?

I like the load capacity increase, the interchangeability with the Army (keeps our costs down so we don't run out of funds to fix them as fast) and they are self diagnostic like the 7-ton so it simplifies electrical repair and gets it back to you guys faster!