PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned??

DocGreek
08-20-09, 09:30 AM
:evilgrin:.....It appears that several daily contributers to this website have decided to stop posting. It also appears that the discussions on this site are getting hijacked...very easily. Most topics discussed are turned into immature sexual foolishness, or self descriptions of future AA profiles. Profiles are STILL not being filled out correctly, and posting EIGHT pages about topics like M. Vick, and other CRAP....do NOT reflect the Pride and Honor of the majority of fine Marines and Doc's, who are members of this site........that's why I have been using these large letters to show my opinion! Moderators: please help us out by commenting publiclly.......Doc Greek :thumbdown

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 09:39 AM
I've been guilty of hijacking or derailing many a thread, Doc, but I'm not sure your concerns are completely warranted.

If we're posting 8 or 9 pages on Michael Vick its because people feel a lot of different ways about that topic. If we're posting a lot about childish antics or sexual foolishness we're for the most part keeping it out of the squad bay and taking it to the hooch or politics section, not sections where non-Marines and poolees can see it.

Besides, I don't know what you think we're misrepresenting here, Doc. We put our heads down and get our work done. Guys still in do what they have to do and comport on here with fellow Marines.

Are you looking for some high discourse on the state of matters? We keep it serious in a lot of political threads. We keep it positive for the most part in the Zephyr and we help out poolees and other Marines.

I think we've kept our honor clean and our image upstanding, Doc. That being said we are going to sit around and BS with each other just like we would while buying each other drinks at the bar and listening to the old salts spin yarns about the way it was and how to get it done.

Semper Fidelis, DocGreek. You'll always be my brother.

Isrowei
08-20-09, 10:08 AM
Doc, I'm not sure who you mean by daily contributors who stopped posting?

Jetdawwg is still here :)

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 10:14 AM
Doc, I'm not sure who you mean by daily contributors who stopped posting?

Jetdawwg is still here :)

You know, sir, you took down your avatar before I could comment that you look like Jerry O'Connell :p

Semper Fi

ameriken
08-20-09, 10:15 AM
I've been guilty of hijacking or derailing many a thread, Doc, but I'm not sure your concerns are completely warranted.
I with ya bro......guilty of hijacking many a thread. I guess we're thread terrorists. :beer:

As for some of the regs not posting......I haven't seen Big Al Holmes for a while. I think he got sent to the forum brig for a while, and I also think he took a road trip somewhere at about the same time. It's still summer.......a lot folks going on vacation.

ameriken
08-20-09, 10:17 AM
You know, sir, you took down your avatar before I could comment that you look like Jerry O'Connell :p

Semper FiHijacking again, eh Ramon??

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 10:20 AM
I with ya bro......guilty of hijacking many a thread. I guess we're thread terrorists. :beer:

They always meet our demands: chicks, pizza and beer :beer:

God, we've done it here too...

Wyoming
08-20-09, 10:21 AM
I did not abandon the site, I was spanked for bashing a fellow marine.

Sadly, this is not an across the board isue.

Others, many others, are 'guilty' of the same indiscretion without being hand spanked.

Do I consider myself a daily contributor? I did, but this new style of yut, yut, post building sheeit has soured me from replies.

The rules are there, everyone should have to abide by them, but sadly, this is not the case.

ameriken
08-20-09, 10:25 AM
I did not abandon the site, I was spanked for bashing a fellow marine.

Sadly, this is not an across the board isue.

Others, many others, are 'guilty' of the same indiscretion without being hand spanked.

Do I consider myself a daily contributor? I did, but this new style of yut, yut, post building sheeit has soured me from replies.

The rules are there, everyone should have to abide by them, but sadly, this is not the case.
Nevertheless, it's good to see ya Brother. :thumbup:

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 10:26 AM
Seconded, was worried ya might not come back.

Semper Fi

Artemis
08-20-09, 10:30 AM
I don't see that there is a huge problem with this. I like many other's have hijacked threads especially when they start to get out of hand. We are doing what Marines do best smoking and joking if you will. When we are called upon to help a fellow Marine or a misguided and/or inquizative poolee we generally speaking keep it real as long as it is presented in a respectful manner.

0331 2 0369
08-20-09, 10:53 AM
that's why I have been using these large letters to show my opinion!

Dayum Doc..... You have been using those big letters since my days of a "peeping tom" to this site. I remember before I actually became a member I would see your post and think Doc is p!ssed about something. Glad I don't need a shot.:beer:

jprtech
08-20-09, 11:22 AM
Reporting in...still alive..busy as hell.

Phantom Blooper
08-20-09, 11:46 AM
I love hijacking threads and turning them South.....

Doc....Don't WORRY....Be HAPPY!:beer:

This site is sort of like the Twilight Zone .......you know, after some acclimatization.....it's not that bad!

:evilgrin:

Isrowei
08-20-09, 12:04 PM

Semper Fi

I truly do not see the resemblence... But if it would get me half of his paycheck, you could call me "Jerry" all you wanted!

Osotogary
08-20-09, 12:06 PM
By the way, what ever became of Michael Vick?

LOL. Sorry, Doc, the temptation was too great.
In my humble opinion, hijacking a discussion often times brings about a balanced discussion...especially when the discussion is at a stage where it should be taken to the PM level. I remember one time when one Marine offered to pay the bus fare to another so that they could both meet and settle their differences physically...if you know what I mean. Hijacking that discussion might have been a good thing to do at that time for a cool down effect. Seems like the Marines on this site know not only how to infuse but also how to diffuse a discussion; kind of like I'm trying to do now.
Pax Ominibus. :)

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 12:06 PM
I truly do not see the resemblence... But if it would get me half of his paycheck, you could call me "Jerry" all you wanted!

I'm not sure your wife would approve of you carrying on with Rebecca Romijn (sic)

Marine1955
08-20-09, 12:08 PM
I love hijacking threads and turning them South.....

Doc....Don't WORRY....Be HAPPY!:beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFDa9efCQU

This site is sort of like the Twilight Zone .......you know, after some acclimatization.....it's not that bad!

:evilgrin:
just be happy

ameriken
08-20-09, 12:13 PM
Captain....you're contributing to the hijacking of this thread, which I believe is expressedly not permitted. :cool:

Isrowei
08-20-09, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure your wife would approve of you carrying on with Rebecca Romijn (sic)

Haha... yeah....

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 12:16 PM
Haha... yeah....

Hmmm...

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu327/intrepidfellow/names/Rebecca%20Romijn/rebecca_romijn_037.jpg

0331 2 0369
08-20-09, 12:17 PM

Hey Jerry. How you doing today?

OK... go check your bank account. If it didn't work then I will stick with Captain or Skipper.:D

ameriken
08-20-09, 12:17 PM
Sheeat......Doc's gonna sh*t a gyro when he sees his thread!! :D

0331 2 0369
08-20-09, 12:18 PM
Sheeat......Doc's gonna sh*t a gyro when he sees his thread!! :D

Would that be beef or chicken?:D

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 12:20 PM

Lamb. Anything less would be uncivilised.

Using the s in uncivilised vs the z makes it more gooder :cool:

0331 2 0369
08-20-09, 12:21 PM
I'm out of here before Doc comes home and see's his place has been trashed.:cool:

thedrifter
08-20-09, 12:25 PM
I just love You guys ;)

Group Hug....:D

Ellie

ameriken
08-20-09, 01:32 PM
Back atcha Ellie. (And Doc too!)

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 01:33 PM
JEEEEEEZUS we treated this thread like somebody's 18 year old daughter.

Supersquishy
08-20-09, 01:39 PM
Horse Meat, didn't you see the news about Horses being slaughtered in FL for the meat? Pretty sure Doc is hauling in a load as we speak, can't wait for him to see his thread......:bunny:

GSEMarine94
08-20-09, 01:41 PM

I've heard stories about you and 18 year old girls, or were they 15? :scared:

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 01:41 PM
Horse Meat, didn't you see the news about Horses being slaughtered in FL for the meat? Pretty sure Doc is hauling in a load as we speak, can't wait for him to see his thread......:bunny:

This thread is definetely a load.

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 01:43 PM
I've heard stories about you and 18 year old girls, or were they 15? :scared:

Yeah, there was 15 of 'em.

i recalled something Chesty said: We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem.

Petz
08-20-09, 01:46 PM

that would include ellie... you calling her a pimp?!

and Al!!! what's up buddy?!

no I was not building up post count... I was seriously boarded out of my mind....

I'm attempting to fix all that here soon when I get back on active duty (still waiting for official word) and start PT the poop out of myself.

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 01:50 PM
that would include ellie... you calling her a pimp?!

Nah, but she's definetely a business woman :cool:

Petz
08-20-09, 01:53 PM
ellie? what kind of business would that be and why does NoMore know what you do?!! haha.

BR34
08-20-09, 03:32 PM
Doc is probably at home throwing a tantrum reading all of this. Shame on you all!

Marine84
08-20-09, 03:34 PM
(heavy sigh)

DocGreek
08-20-09, 03:57 PM
GENTLEMEN....once more, I've started a worthwhile thread to HELP EVERYONE!! Lot's of humor is a MUST on this website, and I'm heavily in favor of teasing each other!!

Every day that I read about another Brother being KIA...I find my eyes leaking. Those Men and their families deserve our utmost respect for their sacrifice. It is very difficult to continue reading posts after reading of the deaths of our Brothers.

Didn't mean to pick on anyone specifically, just wanted to let out some GAS! APOLOGIES to anyone that was offended.....you know where MY prayers go every night and day...to all of you in pain, and out to our Brothers in harms way....SEMPER FIDELIS....Doc Greek

Osotogary
08-20-09, 04:17 PM
Doc,
Without getting too specific, because I don't know the specifics, one of my son's Comrade in Arms, was mortally wounded due to a IED very, very recently. My son voiced his devastation and I, though so far remote from where it happened, feel my son's pain. I do this anyway anytime I hear of a American Marine, Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Contract worker's, Diplomat death on foreign soil while in the service of his or her Country. Prayers and well wishes are always outgoing.
Humor certainly helps and I appreciate yours, to be sure. I definitely like your use of a larger font. It's easy on the eyes.
Adios, for now.
Gary

ameriken
08-20-09, 04:26 PM
GENTLEMEN....once more, I've started a worthwhile thread to HELP EVERYONE!! Lot's of humor is a MUST on this website, and I'm heavily in favor of teasing each other!!

Awe hell, now we're really gonna have to hijack your thread!!! :D

Semper Fi Doc, you're the best! :iwo: :banana:

Artemis
08-20-09, 04:38 PM
no I was not building up post count... I was seriously boarded out of my mind....

Boarded out of you mind SSgt? How does that work?

ameriken
08-20-09, 04:39 PM

I think it means you gotta hit yourself in the head with a 2 x 4. :cool:

Supersquishy
08-20-09, 04:43 PM
I know Im boarded the fukc out of my mind, I am going insane here..........You know I was thinking that people assume house arrest is wonderful, I seriously doubt it. Im at work, athough I could up and leave anytime I want, Im still obligated to sit here and wait for fukcing customers...just in case....this is absolutely is driving me nuts. nothing happening here bros.

Sgt Jim
08-20-09, 05:48 PM
Doc you have helped me more than you know,the prayers,asking to be your friend means a lot.i would not have you change anything that you do on here or what you might say.Semper FI

Petz
08-20-09, 05:50 PM

it happens when you are so fvcking crazy that you wish you could hit yourself with a 2x4 or some varient of and knock yourself out until there's something to do....

Supersquishy
08-20-09, 05:59 PM
it happens when you are so fvcking crazy that you wish you could hit yourself with a 2x4 or some varient of and knock yourself out until there's something to do....
In the same boat man............

YutYut
08-20-09, 06:01 PM
http://www.addictinggames.com/index.html

There you go. Pass the time without making yourselves any uglier.

Sergeant M
You could always do something constructive...like order a pizza, or take a nap. haha

Artemis
Hmm does that boat have holes in it Supersquishy? If it does we maybe in the same boat.

Supersquishy
08-20-09, 06:03 PM
Hmm does that boat have holes in it Supersquishy? If it does we maybe in the same boat.
actually many holes and its sucking my money down them too.

Petz
08-20-09, 06:15 PM
that's 'cause we're trying to use paper mache to patch the wholes... just with 20 dollar bills instead of newspaper.....

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 06:20 PM
Well I guess this would be a very appropriate thread to announce my return. Ive been UA for about a month finishing up my summer semester with finals, and such. Oh well, LCpl Otten reporting back for duty. :marine:

Petz
08-20-09, 06:24 PM
jebus... I thought you died from overgrown hair...

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 06:26 PM
jebus... I thought you died from overgrown hair...

Haha, good one SSgt, actually I cut it and shaved the mountain man look off, but I'll probably grow it back, I grow hair like a Chewbaca.

Petz
08-20-09, 06:27 PM
like a wookie... chewbaca was the name of Han's friend... who was a wookie....

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 06:34 PM
like a wookie... chewbaca was the name of Han's friend... who was a wookie....

lol, got a Question for you SSgt, whats the deal with these credits that we get on our profile. Im assuming its a get credits to post kinda thing, if were bad we get them taken away kind a thing.

Sergeant M
08-20-09, 06:36 PM
Haha, good one SSgt, actually I cut it and shaved the mountain man look off, but I'll probably grow it back, I grow hair like a Chewbaca.

Pictures or it didn't happen. Before and After, how much hair weight did you lose?

Petz
08-20-09, 06:37 PM
no... shaffer is back actively on the site and he's going to have raffles.... he said there'll be flat-screens and even a trip to the super bowl and such.... but it's a raffle... you buy the tickets with your points and it's hit or miss...

EDIT: his head probably felt funny for a day or two... haha.

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 06:46 PM
EDIT: his head probably felt funny for a day or two... haha.

it did feel a little weird though, especially shaving aight here is a pic I just took with my webcam, have fun with it :D

Before and After

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=349&pictureid=5926

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=349&pictureid=6531

Petz
08-20-09, 06:53 PM
naw... that's not you... that's a little boy!

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 06:57 PM
naw... that's not you... that's a little boy!

lol, thats why i dont shave, it makes me look older when I have facial hair haha
:D

ameriken
08-20-09, 06:57 PM
Well I guess this would be a very appropriate thread to announce my return. Ive been UA for about a month finishing up my summer semester with finals, and such. Oh well, LCpl Otten reporting back for duty. :marine:
WTF Over! Welcome back Bro!

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 07:01 PM
WTF Over! Welcome back Bro!

Thanks Brother, Im going to try and get on here more this semester, which starts next week lol. But all of my classes are night classes this time, so it should be easier. Plus its not a shortened semester like my summer one was. That was terrible, all the stuff you would normally learn in 4-5 months we had to learn in one and a half. But I got a B, so all in all not to bad I guess.:D

ameriken
08-20-09, 07:11 PM
Thanks Brother, Im going to try and get on here more this semester, which starts next week lol. But all of my classes are night classes this time, so it should be easier. Plus its not a shortened semester like my summer one was. That was terrible, all the stuff you would normally learn in 4-5 months we had to learn in one and a half. But I got a B, so all in all not to bad I guess.:D
B is good. :thumbup:

Look forward to seeing you post more often now...you can help light some fires in the forum. :beer:

echo3oscar1833
08-20-09, 07:14 PM
B is good. :thumbup:

Look forward to seeing you post more often now...you can help light some fires in the forum. :beer:

I'll try its been a while, but Im trying to be on good behavior for now hahaha :D

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 08:03 PM
Doc! You had me worried there ya bastard! LOL.

Echo, good to see you back. We've heard about the classes now we want to hear about all the college chicks.

Make it legendary!

Semper Fi

ameriken
08-20-09, 08:18 PM
LOL! And we dont want to hear about you getting dumped or stood up by a friends ex-wife over moral issues. :D

NoRemorse
08-20-09, 08:26 PM
If anything we want to hear about your moral turpitude as you regale us with stories of sisters completely deflowered and debauched in their own dorm rooms.

tripledog
08-20-09, 08:31 PM
I AM a newbie , so to speak. But I enjoy a good er discussion, and unfornuately I am too gd old to tell of sexual escapades with the young ladies, that I so admire.

Rocky C
08-21-09, 03:12 PM
Triplets??? Who said Triplets??? :)

Zulu 36
08-21-09, 03:34 PM
lol, thats why i dont shave, it makes me look older when I have facial hair haha
:D

I dunno, you look kinda psychotic either way. Without a beard you look like Jack Nicholson smashing through the door. With the beard, that photo looks like a vidcap from a 7-11 security camera of a holdup suspect. :D

ameriken
08-21-09, 03:40 PM
Triplets??? Who said Triplets??? :)
Here ya go Brother! :p

http://glassshallot.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dahm_triplets01.jpg

Trucrimsongold
08-21-09, 03:46 PM
:evilgrin:.....It appears that several daily contributers to this website have decided to stop posting. It also appears that the discussions on this site are getting hijacked...very easily. Most topics discussed are turned into immature sexual foolishness, or self descriptions of future AA profiles. Profiles are STILL not being filled out correctly, and posting EIGHT pages about topics like M. Vick, and other CRAP....do NOT reflect the Pride and Honor of the majority of fine Marines and Doc's, who are members of this site........that's why I have been using these large letters to show my opinion! Moderators: please help us out by commenting publiclly.......Doc Greek :thumbdown

What is a "future AA profile?

Troutzilla
08-28-09, 08:01 AM
Dayum Doc..... You have been using those big letters since my days of a "peeping tom" to this site. I remember before I actually became a member I would see your post and think Doc is p!ssed about something. Glad I don't need a shot.:beer:
Quite frankly I'm thankful for the big letters...keeps me from squinting and getting headaches...

Thanks Doc

Semper Fi

:flag: