PDA

View Full Version : M.e.p.s.

kimosabi1988
08-19-09, 07:27 PM
Hello Marines, I wanted to know About the meps experience. I dont have anything like aids or cancer, no wierd physical problems or anything I know of, and I have full movement in all of my joints. The only thing I'm worried about is my knees because they pop a little bit sometimes. Nothing serious but popping is the only way to explain it. I run 6 miles per day and tons of pt time and no knee pain. Just wondering if I'll be okay to enlist? Thanks.

Petz
08-19-09, 07:32 PM
my knees pop.... they won't have their ears to your knee caps listening... can you duck walk without audible popping?

anyways... if 1988 is the year you were born then I'd have to say my truck is as old as you are..... that's saying something....

kimosabi1988
08-19-09, 07:55 PM
What exactly is the duck walk? You cant hear them pop but if you have your hand on my knee you can feel it. Is my age going to be a problem? Thanks.

dizark
08-19-09, 08:12 PM
They don't have their hands on your knees when youre duck walking.. You'll be in a room with a bunch of other guys, down in your underwear or boxers doing different things... It's all really simple.

TJKUSMC
08-19-09, 09:24 PM
Considering who there letting in the Marine Corps these days im sure you will be fine at meps.

GyC
08-19-09, 09:47 PM
Considering who there letting in the Marine Corps these days im sure you will be fine at meps.

What do you mean by that Devil?? I think you posted in the wrong Forum.. And before you open your trap, it wasn't long ago you were posting your IST scores in the Poolee Hall, so why not leave the technical questions to those that aren't wet behind the ears still? Thanks... As to the MEPS question, always be honest during the screening process... If there's no pain associated with your "popping" then I'm sure you're fine... If you do have a physical defect it will be found at MEPS... You should discuss this with your Recruiter and his/her NCOIC... Good luck!! S/F

0231Marine
08-20-09, 08:04 AM
Don't make Gunny get his "Boot Be Good" stick!

Remember that beatings will continue until morale improves!