PDA

View Full Version : Battle Force 18 1963-64 Advisers MAAG-Vietnam

im5150too
08-19-09, 01:01 PM
Looking for anyone with information about the advisers of Battle Force 18, who were advisers to the 4th Vietnamese Marines in 1963-1964.

My good friend and adopted uncle, Robert "Bob" Swanson was one of them. Corporal Swanson (later Sgt.) received the Bronze Star with Combat V and the Purple Heart for his courageous actions on 11 January 1964, when he led a counterattack on a numerically superior force that had penetrated a 4th Vietnamese Marine position.

Uncle Bob passed away in 2005. He had no children or surviving family. I have some of his photos, his medals, Globe, etc. I would love to know more about where he was located when he received his medals, and more about his unit and their actions. Anyone knowing him, or about his unit, I would appreciate hearing from.

Thanks, and as Uncle Bob always said, Semper Fi.

im5150too
08-21-09, 01:30 AM
It's amazing how little information I can find about Marines in Vietnam pre 1965. I know their numbers were small, but I'd sure like to know their stories.

im5150too
03-07-10, 12:19 PM
Just a bump to see if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Lisa 23
03-07-10, 12:59 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to. :thumbup:
And unless you're a Marine, you don't rate saying Semper Fi on this site. You may also want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

im5150too
03-07-10, 01:22 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to. :thumbup:
And unless you're a Marine, you don't rate saying Semper Fi on this site. You may also want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

Sorry... was just quoting Uncle Bob...certainly didn't mean to offend.... thanks for the help.

im5150too
03-07-10, 01:47 PM
Checked out the two forums you suggested....of course neither one was applicable, but I appreciate the suggestion.