PDA

View Full Version : UW Security Forces

JSam
08-17-09, 08:11 PM
I've looked and looked, and forgive me if I missed it, but I've looked all over the place (both here and on Google) and I can't find the MOS Designation for a UW contract anywhere. My recruiter told me that I would be 0311 after my two years of guard duty, but what is it when I'm in the actual Security Force Battalion?

Thanks in advance,

GyC
08-17-09, 09:26 PM
I've looked and looked, and forgive me if I missed it, but I've looked all over the place (both here and on Google) and I can't find the MOS Designation for a UW contract anywhere. My recruiter told me that I would be 0311 after my two years of guard duty, but what is it when I'm in the actual Security Force Battalion?

Thanks in advance,

99XX or something like that... You're an 03XX by trade though... S/F

JSam
08-17-09, 10:17 PM
Thank you very much, Gunnery Sergeant.

dott
08-25-09, 09:24 AM

Thanks in advance,

Ok here it goes. I'm part of a FAST company about to PCS to an infantry unit. There are 2 types of contracts for Security Force Regiment (no longer a battalion). The 2 types are UV and UW. Here's how it works. You go through boot camp, then School of Infantry, then to Basic Security Guard (BSG) training in Chesapeake, VA. While at you will be screened for the 3 different types of guard duty Security Forces provides. As a UV contract you have 2 options either PRP or FAST CO. The 2 PRP commands are Bangor, Wa and Kingsbay, Georgia. PRP commands stand post guarding Navy bases. PRP consists of standing post watching guard. To be chosen for PRP you need a very clean background. PRP commands do not deploy. Then there's FAST. FAST CO. main mission is site security. In a FAST CO you usually deploy every six months. Your 1st deployment lasting 3 months and 2nd deployment lasting 7 months. In FAST you will receive training in Advanced Urban Combat and non-lethal weapons. Enough on FAST. As a UW on top of being screened for PRP, and FAST you will also be screened for Marine Corps Barracks 8th & I guard duty. NOT PRESIDENTIAL GUARD which is a common rumor. 8th & I screening begins while you are in boot camp and is very extensive. Only few are chosen. It consists of also standing guard usually in a dress uniform. The majority of people are sent to FAST Companies. After 24 months in Sec. Force Reg. you are sent to a infantry victor unit.

So pretty much as a UW it just means you have a slim chance of being screened for 8th & I guard. NO GUARANTEES at all. My favorite quote I heard from a Colonel was if your recruiters mouth is moving he's lying. Do your own research and ask other Marines. Any other questions man?

thewookie
08-25-09, 09:42 AM
My favorite quote I heard from a Colonel was if your recruiters mouth is moving he's lying.

Good post, and well said, Marine.....:cool:

GyC
08-25-09, 03:25 PM
Ok here it goes. I'm part of a FAST company about to PCS to an infantry unit. There are 2 types of contracts for Security Force Regiment (no longer a battalion). The 2 types are UV and UW. Here's how it works. You go through boot camp, then School of Infantry, then to Basic Security Guard (BSG) training in Chesapeake, VA. While at you will be screened for the 3 different types of guard duty Security Forces provides. As a UV contract you have 2 options either PRP or FAST CO. The 2 PRP commands are Bangor, Wa and Kingsbay, Georgia. PRP commands stand post guarding Navy bases. PRP consists of standing post watching guard. To be chosen for PRP you need a very clean background. PRP commands do not deploy. Then there's FAST. FAST CO. main mission is site security. In a FAST CO you usually deploy every six months. Your 1st deployment lasting 3 months and 2nd deployment lasting 7 months. In FAST you will receive training in Advanced Urban Combat and non-lethal weapons. Enough on FAST. As a UW on top of being screened for PRP, and FAST you will also be screened for Marine Corps Barracks 8th & I guard duty. NOT PRESIDENTIAL GUARD which is a common rumor. 8th & I screening begins while you are in boot camp and is very extensive. Only few are chosen. It consists of also standing guard usually in a dress uniform. The majority of people are sent to FAST Companies. After 24 months in Sec. Force Reg. you are sent to a infantry victor unit.

So pretty much as a UW it just means you have a slim chance of being screened for 8th & I guard. NO GUARANTEES at all. My favorite quote I heard from a Colonel was if your recruiters mouth is moving he's lying. Do your own research and ask other Marines. Any other questions man?

Good info... Wonder if the Colonel ever did any Recruiting time.. Anyway, is your MOS 99XX as a Marine assigned to Security Forces or no? That's what the lad was asking... S/F

dott
08-25-09, 04:53 PM
as a FAST Marine my MOS is 8152

thewookie
08-25-09, 06:25 PM
Good info... Wonder if the Colonel ever did any Recruiting time.. Anyway, is your MOS 99XX as a Marine assigned to Security Forces or no? That's what the lad was asking... S/F

From the sound of the Colonel comments -- I doubt it. Sounds like he knows whats going on, though.

Gunny, you'd think being a career recruiter that you'd know the SF/FAST MOS. You should study up in your free time instead of wasting time in here. :marine:

JSam
08-25-09, 07:54 PM

Awesome post, thank you Cpl. I'm actually looking to join a FAST Co.
I've got a buddy who's in one, and he says that actual SF Guard duty at Kings bay and 8th & I are crazy boring. I have an extensively clean background, and high physical fitness. What's my best chance of going FAST?
And GyC, the MOS billets for Security Forces are 8151-54.
Thanks Marines.
I leave sunday for the Island. I've been waiting way too long for this,

GyC
08-25-09, 07:55 PM
as a FAST Marine my MOS is 8152

Thanks Devil, and I'm sure the original poster appreciates the info... S/F

GyC
08-25-09, 07:58 PM
From the sound of the Colonel comments -- I doubt it. Sounds like he knows whats going on, though.

Gunny, you'd think being a career recruiter that you'd know the SF/FAST MOS. You should study up in your free time instead of wasting time in here. :marine:

Somebody pull your chain Sarge? Why don't you get back to work behind the bar looking for posers...

thewookie
08-25-09, 08:01 PM
Somebody pull your chain Sarge? Why don't you get back to work behind the bar looking for posers...

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

:cool: study

GyC
08-25-09, 08:16 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

:cool: study

I take it back Sarge, this is the first time anything you said made sense to me... S/F

thewookie
08-25-09, 08:25 PM
I take it back Sarge, this is the first time anything you said made sense to me... S/F

That's because you talk recruiter, Gunny. And, I don't speak that. :cool: Get out from behind the desk, (or study) and then you might relate to what I speak about. Semper Fi

GyC
08-26-09, 11:54 AM
Yeah, because Recruiters don't come from the FMF, they're hand selected for their good looks right out of Boot Camp... They never see the Fleet, deploy, etc... I never learned how to speak like a real Marine... Perhaps a class or two from those who are more experienced with the "Real" Marine Corps is in order... Maybe I should Post or be allowed to Post in the Ask A Marine Section too, due to my lack of experience... S/F